Job posting has expiredBack to search results
Entry Level Production Operator
| Owens Corning|
United States, Georgia, Savannah
|October 24, 2023|
Entry Level Production Operator
Savannah, GA, US, 31408
Insures and maintains flow of quality shingles from shingles machine to wrapping process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs all functions of the job in a safe manner and promptly reports any unsafe behaviors to the shift supervisor.
2. Operates ATO's, conveyors, timing and conveyors and maintains a continuous flow of product.
3. Visually inspects shingles for quality and documents required information as directed.
4. Cleans electric eyes, skid plate and reflectors, to maintain proper catching, conveying and staging.
5. Hand palletizes bundles at palletizer as needed.
6. Identifies seconds and notifies shingle machine operator, wrapping attendant and quality technician.
7. Trouble shoots equipment problems and notifies supervisor and shift tech as needed.
8. Notifies shingles machine operator and/or shift technician when equipment malfunctions occur.
9. Assists in rethreading mat breaks.
10. Conducts mini-audits on finished products every 15 minutes or as required.
11. Insures quality specifications and notifies Quality Tech, Shingle Machine Operator, Shift Supervisor, Packaging Leader of non-standard material.
12. Salvages and prepares seconds for shipment. Evaluates and records defects and weight.
13. Participates in the safety and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant and work areas.
14. Performs start-up checklist procedures for machine.
15. Clears jams as needed.
16. Monitors alignment on A & B lanes.
17. A-Lane Operator cleans out the laminate pan at least every 20 minutes.
18. Operates forklift as needed.
19. Assist Wrapper Operator in clearing jams as needed.
20. Assists wrapper operator when splice is made on roll of wraps.
21. Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
* Must be able to communicate clearly and understand verbal and written instructions.
* Able to follow proper radio etiquette
* Must possess strong organizational skills
* Must have the ability to multi-task
* Able to use and read a tape measure
* Must work well in team environment
* Must have the ability to do basic mathematical calculations
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
* Log on to company computer system
* Check, create and reply to email
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
* High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global building and industrial materials leader. The company's three integrated businesses are dedicated to the manufacture and advancement of a broad range of insulation, roofing and fiberglass composite materials. Leveraging the talents of 19,000 employees in 33 countries, Owens Corning provides innovative products and sustainable solutions that address energy efficiency, product safety, renewable energy, durable infrastructure, and labor productivity. These solutions provide a material difference to the company's customers and make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2020 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500 company for 66 consecutive years.For more information, please visit.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.