Manages, hires, trains, disciplines and evaluates the performance of support staff of the Vocational Educational program(s).
- Provides leadership to Vocational Rehabilitation team members and supervisors by communicating and guiding toward achieving department objectives.
- Develops, communicates, and builds consensus for goals in alignment with the health system.
- Selects, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports; ensures performance appraisals are completed in a timely fashion.
- Provides daily on-site leadership for Vocational Educational program requiring knowledge of related standards, regulations, contracts, policies, and procedures that govern the operations of the unit.
- Ensures staff and patients are familiar with and abide by standards.
- Identifies and responds to problems and trends that may become evident.
- Establishes channels of communication with and between all staff.
- Fosters good working relationships amongst disciplines.
- Plans, implements and manages procedures, seminars, and activities intended to assist patients with development of skills and knowledge level(s) necessary to establish and support a productive, independent and drug free lifestyle.
- Develops and maintains the health systems to ensure delivery of needed services; tracking and follow-up of patients; coordination-of-care with the primary counselor; communication of goals and activities for treatment planning; feedback regarding progress and attainment of goals.
- Establishes necessary data collection the health systems.
- Compiles, monitors, analyzes statistics to ensure compliance with applicable contracts, standards, and regulations, attain work scopes objectives; identify gaps in services and develop plans for providing adequate vocational and educational services within various program units of the department; complete necessary state and departmental reporting.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Masters Degree in Vocational Rehabilitation, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 6-8 years of relevant experience and 2-5 years of leadership / management experience, required.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).