HR Business Partner
The HR Business Partner will provide strategic HR leadership for several functions of the company. This role will serve as an integral member of the functional teams, leading strategic HR program design and delivery, while championing engagement and culture.
Penn Mutual is a strong, focused and evolving organization, and people are both our business and our passion.
As a trusted and strategic partner for those we serve, we strive to bring out the best in our people, teams and company. We do this by working together to create and sustain a values-driven, relationship-based culture where we take pride in doing the right thing both today and tomorrow. Our focus is to deliver a meaningful employee experience that empowers our people so they are at their best and can to their best help our clients realize all life's possibilities.
At Penn Mutual, the HRBPs are aligned and integrated into the business areas they support and implement appropriate people strategies. By being a student of the business they will be able to provide strategic consulting and partnering. This role will advise/coach leaders, identify needs/gaps in support AND identify solutions with the goal of growing great leaders and engaging our employees.
- Leads HR strategic partnership and support for key departments within Penn Mutual
- Partners with the CHRO, leaders and employees as well as HR colleagues to deliver on HR and business strategy while providing exceptional customer service
- Assists in the development of key talent by advising leadership of opportunities such as job rotations, mentoring, and coaching. Develops strategies and plans for continued growth.
- In collaboration with the Talent COE, drive solutions for lines of businesses in the areas of talent management, succession planning, leadership development and organizational effectiveness.
- Works with lines of business on rewards and recognition strategies to enhance engagement and retention.
- Provides first line of advice and counsel to address leadership and employee concerns related to a wide variety of employee relations issues
- Analyzes problems and develops tools for leaders to use during counseling and development sessions, staff meetings, etc.
- Conducts and documents internal investigations according to Penn Mutual Business Conduct standards as needed
- Works with Legal, Compliance and/or Internal Audit as required
- Assists in writing and or updating HR policies and procedures
- Conducts exit interviews and performs periodic review/analysis of data to understand trends and make recommendations
- Assists with the performance management, talent assessment and salary administration processes
- Participates on department and organizational project teams as needed
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures
- Remains current in profession and industry trends
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Proven ability to engage with employees at all levels and build relationships built on trust and credibility
- Proven professional communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and facilitate ideation, design and implementation of impactful solutions
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated experience leading process improvement and organization effectiveness projects
- In depth experience in talent management supporting talent acquisition, succession planning and talent development programming
- Experience in organizational design
- Experience in leading work to support diversity and inclusion
- Experience in performance management, coaching and the ability to provide honest and clear constructive feedback
- Ability to juggle tasks simultaneously, prioritize, and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work independently, research, organize and analyze data and present compelling business cases
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and good judgement
- Ability to make a positive contribution as demonstrated by learning new skills and leading continuous improvement
- Experience leading change management initiatives
- Experience leading HR program design, delivery and adoption
- Experience leading leadership program development and delivery
- Financial services experience preferred
- Experience working with Workday
- 5 years or equivalent experience in HR
- 3+ years in serving in an HR Business Partner capacity
- 5+ years' experience in business setting
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field
- Master's degree in Human Resources preferred
Penn Mutual helps people become stronger. Our expertly crafted life insurance is vital to long-term financial health and strengthens people's ability to enjoy every day. Working with our trusted network of financial professionals, we take the long view, building customized solutions for individuals, their families, and their businesses. We support our financial professionals with retirement and investment services through our wholly owned subsidiary, Hornor, Townsend & Kent, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC.
Salary Range - $100,000 - $147,000