Packaging Operator I
Who we are looking for:
We are currently searching for an Packaging Operator I to be based out of Albuquerque, NM. Reporting to the Manufacturing Shift Lead, this person will be responsible for maintaining the quality of the extruded (HDPE pipe) product throughout the manufacturing and packaging process.
The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma or equivalent.
What you'll do:
- Operator monitors and checks product during manufacturing process to meets the order requirements.
- Monitors print and footage markings. Makes corrections as needed.
- Monitors for continuous stripe (if required).
- Knows and understands the quality requirements for all products being produced.
- Makes corrections as needed to meet order specifications and informs the line supervisor before making the necessary adjustments.
- Uses reel components to build reels to size specifications.
- Places the correct reel onto the coiler and prepare for startup. Reel must be in good physical condition.
- Ensures wraps on reels are correct and neat.
- Cuts conduit, ties-off and caps conduit when each reel is complete.
- Removes reel from the coiler using a forklift and transports the finished product into inventory.
- Grinds material scrap as it is produced and stacks scrap.
- Assists the extrusion tech in line start-ups.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
- Assists other packaging specialist in cutting conduit, tie-offs, and reel changes.
- Follows all safety requirements for this position and all company safety guidelines.
- Completes appropriate line operations paperwork to ensure accurate inventory transactions.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
What you'll bring:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 1-2 years of experience performing the essential functions listed above
- Ability to perform simple math including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and take measurements.
- Ability to drive a forklift.
- Must display very good organization and time management skills
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with many types of personalities
- Must have sound judgment and discretional skills and be able to work with little supervision
Within 3 months, you'll:
- Complete any required training
- Have developed relationships with the key stakeholders for this role.
- Be well-versed in Atkore's Business System and the importance of your role to daily operations.
Who we are:
Atkore is a recipient of a Great Place to Work certification and a Top Workplaces USA award! We're committed to creating an engaged and aligned workforce that drives collaborative culture. Our team strives for breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company. We consistently live the Atkore mission, strategic priorities, and behaviors, all in a way that's consistent with our core values. Together, we build strong leaders that continually try to move us forward.
With a global network of manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, Atkore is a leading
provider of electrical, safety and infrastructure solutions.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!