Senior Traffic Engineer
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Fishbeck has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Traffic Engineer to join the Infrastructure Division in our Cincinnati office. The successful candidate will have experience from design through construction on a broad range of transportation projects. This opportunity is best suited for candidates who possess a strong technical background, a proven record of client interaction, and the ability to plan and manage design efforts. The position offers opportunities for managing all activities related to project scope, schedule, cost, quality, communications, and resources.
- Leading design efforts related to maintenance of traffic, signing, pavement marking, and traffic signals.
- Traffic impact studies, safety studies, signal optimization, and traffic forecasting.
- Proposal and report writing.
- Manage projects and design tasks.
- Mentor staff and coordinate project efforts with other disciplines.
- Assist with traffic engineering tasks working with transportation staff in OH, MI, and IN offices.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Occasionally exposed to light lifting, sitting, and walking. Will perform duties in the field and will be required to access and maneuver around project sites and use a computer. Capable of traveling to and from projects is required. Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes. Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Bachelor of Science
- A Professional Engineer license in Ohio is a must.
- 10+ years of ODOT-related traffic engineering and maintenance of traffic experience.
- Experience with ITE Trip Generation Manual and traffic studies is a plus.
- Experience with complex maintenance of traffic design is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of ODOT traffic standards and guidelines.
- Proficient with MicroStation software.
- Experience with Highway Capacity Software and Synchro. Experience with TransModeler is a plus. Excellent computer and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Highway lighting experience is a plus.
- ITS experience is a plus.
What we offer
Our staff members enjoy a comprehensive compensation package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Wellness reimbursement and activities.
- Reimbursement and support for tuition, continuing education, and professional/personal development.
- Vacation and sick time, volunteer PTO, parental leave, and paid holidays.
- Opportunities for hybrid and flexible schedules.
- 401(k), profit-sharing, and stock options (we're 100% employee-owned).
- And more!
Fishbeck is one of the premier professional consulting firms in the nation, with 15 regional offices and more than 570 employees. Engineering, environmental sciences, architecture, and construction management are the cornerstones of Fishbeck's services and integrated project approach. We are a hands-on and design-orientated practice with the technical capabilities and understanding to take the largest projects from internal concept to completion. Our team of experts takes pride in our commitment to reliability in design, connection to our clients, and creativity at our core.
Fishbeck is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.