Position: Transportation Engineer (Traffic)
Location: Dayton, OH
Fishbeck is currently initiating a search for a talented, growth-oriented Transportation Engineer for employment in our Cincinnati office. This position requires self-motivation, commitment to high-quality work performance, the capability of being self-sufficient, excellent planning and communication skills, and the ability to work with other staff in a project team environment. This position will provide the ideal candidate an opportunity to lead and mentor Fishbeck staff, work on exciting projects and grow with Fishbeck in Ohio.
- Traffic impact studies, safety studies, signal optimization, and traffic forecasting.
- Intersection and roadway traffic modeling.
- Roundabout analysis and geometric evaluation.
- Develop MOT plans utilizing Traffic Data.
- Report writing.
- Assist with traffic signal design and operations.
- Interact with our clients; ODOT, local agencies, other consulting companies, and contractors.
- Assist in developing project budgets/schedules.
- Assist in developing technical proposals.
- Manage tasks and mentor staff.
- Assist with traffic engineering tasks working with transportation staff in other Fishbeck offices and with peers in the industry.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Occasionally exposed to light lifting, sitting, and walking. Will perform duties in the field and will be required to access and maneuver around project sites and use a computer. Capable of traveling to and from projects is required. Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes. Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineer license.
- 8-10+ years of experience.
- Experience with ITE Trip Generation Manual and traffic studies.
- Preferred knowledge of ODOT traffic standards and guidelines.
- Experience with Highway Capacity Software, Synchro, Vissim, Rodel, and MicroStation software.
- Excellent computer and verbal communication skills are a must.
What we offer
Our staff members enjoy a comprehensive compensation package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Wellness reimbursement and activities.
- Reimbursement and support for tuition, continuing education, and professional/personal development.
- Opportunities for hybrid and flexible schedules.
- Vacation and sick time, volunteer PTO, parental leave, and paid holidays.
- 401(k), profit-sharing, and stock options (we're 100% employee-owned).
- And more!
Fishbeck is one of the premier professional consulting firms in the nation, with 15 regional offices and more than 570 employees. Engineering, environmental sciences, architecture, and construction management are the cornerstones of Fishbeck's services and integrated project approach. We are a hands-on and design-orientated practice with the technical capabilities and understanding to take the largest projects from internal concept to completion. Our team of experts takes pride in our commitment to reliability in design, connection to our clients, and creativity at our core.
Fishbeck is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.