When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
The VNOC team fosters a work environment that provides valuable training, and supports individual growth and inclusion, amongst all employees. We thrive in a work space where both individual and group input is valued, and incorporated, in order to build a stronger team and most effectively protect our clients on-air signals. A strong working relationship among the staff enables open and honest communication, creating a dialogue that allows individuals to be heard, and contribute to the success of the team. We are proud to be a critical part of some of the biggest live televised events in the world, and we respect the high-profile nature of our tasks by encouraging collaborative problem solving and cross training to ensure we have all bases covered.
- Acting as an internal subject matter expert on all things Video and managing vendors to resolve problems.
- Responding to technical incident reports from Tier 1 Video Operations team and leading initial response initiatives to mitigate customer impact.
- Implementing software upgrades and system expansion.
- Analyzing and identifying problems in software- and hardware-based platform components.
- System performance analysis and general health checks across various deployed technologies.
- Planning and performing preventive maintenance procedures.
- Providing system details and relevant metrics for all incident Root Cause Analysis reporting.
- Creating technical procedural documentation for Tier 1 NOC operations.
- Coordination with M&E client engineering departments on key technical initiatives and daily reporting.
- Developing Proof of Concept technology deployments for potential M&E clientele and leading project engineering efforts for future systems deployment.
Where you'll be working...
What we're looking for...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of experience in supporting a live on-air and/or NOC operating environment.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to include evenings, weekends, and holidays based on the needs of the business.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
- Experience in the following areas: On-air and/or NOC operating environments,
Video transmission and compression formats and systems, including, but not limited to, SDI, JPEG2000, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, SMPTE-2110.
- Experience in Video stream metadata, including, but not limited to, timecode user bits, SCTE-35 and -104 triggers, Closed Captioning.
- Experience in Trouble ticket and incident management systems including, but not limited to, Jira, Confluence, ServiceNOW, or other Video synchronization techniques and systems including, but not limited to, NTSC reference, SMPTE-12M timecode, Network Time Protocol, and IEEE-1588 Precision Time Protocol.
- Experience in IP-based connectivity, routing and switching including, but not limited to, routers, switches, firewalls, BGP and VLAN tagging, Single- and multi-view display systems and technology
Proprietary monitoring and control systems, preferably Evertz VistaLink.
- Experience in Enterprise computing infrastructure (e.g., enterprise servers, client server, storage devices and systems, hardware and software) as applied to the provisioning, management, storage, operation, scheduling, support and maintenance of the infrastructure, Desktop, server and VM technology
- Experience in Storage technology, including SAN, NAS, RAID and Cloud
SDI and IP video routing systems and their associated control, preferably Evertz IPX, EXE, SDVN and Magnum.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to be customer focused and passionate about continual service improvement.
- Experience in cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- VMware VCA/VCP certification.
- CCNA/CCNP certification.
- Knowledge of Trouble ticket and incident management systems including, but not limited to, Jira, Confluence, ServiceNOW, or other.
- Knowledge of Enterprise computing infrastructure (e.g., enterprise servers, client server, storage devices and systems, hardware and software) as applied to the provisioning, management, storage, operation, scheduling, support and maintenance of the infrastructure.
- Knowledge of SDI and IP video routing systems and their associated control, preferably Evertz IPX, EXE, SDVN and Magnum.
- Ability to mentor and develop technology workers in a collaborative team.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex systems.
- Ability to effectively apply SDI, IP and TS test equipment and analysis tools.
- Ability to document complex systems and processes, including the development of maintenance and change procedures.
- Ability to communicate processes and requirements to peers and off-site resources, including personnel at remote sites and vendors.
- Experience in software development, failure prediction, cloud-based video hand-off and routing.
- Experience in IP Networking including software-defined architectures and Multicasting ,Streaming Media Protocols (RTP, RTSP, UDP), Network and storage infrastructure (Switches, Routers, SANs, DCM, etc.), Virtualization and micro-service technologies such as VMware and Docker, Uncompressed and compressed video formats (SDI, SMPTE 2110, H.264, JPEG2000), Transmission Encoding/Decoding Systems (NetInsight Nimbra, Evertz Zixi, etc), Management and Control Software (Vistalink, SDVN), IT Systems such as Servers, Workstations, Databases or SDI Video Distribution.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our page to learn more.