||Digital Services Specialist
|Salary for Announcement
The full salary range for this role at the time of posting is $41,200 - $61,800.
||Marketing and Brand
Under the direction of the Associate Director of Digital Content Strategy, the Director of Digital Marketing and Content Strategy and the Digital Services Specialist, this individual will facilitate and support the University Communications and Marketing (
UCM) branch digital platforms to contribute to the overall achievement of the University's strategic plan. The Digital Services Specialist will assist the
UCM team by supporting internal project management, advertising campaigns, news communications and production as well as supporting campus partners (i.e. departments and programs).
The Digital Services Specialist will be adept with digital content platforms in support of
UCM initiatives. Additionally, this individual will facilitate and maximize efficiencies and improve processes for quality content delivery. In doing so, the Digital Services Specialist provides a seamless experience for those seeking support and services and ensures digital content objectives align with University strategic digital goals. This position will be responsible for maintaining and working within a variety of content monitoring and delivery platforms (e.g. WordPress, SiteImprove, Google Analytics and others).
The Digital Services Specialist will engage in a client services approach to support campus partner digital content strategy needs. Through exceptional client service and training, this individual will consult with both internal and external partners, including vendors as required. Additionally, this team member will work in conjunction with the Associate Director to establish platform metrics and generate reports.
Digital Content Platform support 60%
* Contribute to the organization, maintenance, administration and management of
UCM content platforms including implementation, support, account management (e.g. SiteImprove, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, WordPress, SharePoint, MS Teams and others).
* Identify and use platforms and channels to enhance UCM's strategic efforts - with a goal of streamlining process, content management and project management.
* Support and train campus partners on various platforms, including but not limited to WordPress, Google Analytics etc.
* Provide client support for university web authors as well as internal
UCM systems users.
Digital content strategy implementation and tracking 30%
* Support implementation of digital content metrics, analytics, tracking across all platforms.
* Perform data analysis for presentations and reports for
UCM digital platforms.
* Monitor, audit and track digital platform content against quality standards,
ADA requirements and key performance indicators.
* Generate reports/presentations to identify key digital trends and opportunities.
* Support digital strategy team by providing consistent and timely responses to requests submitted through
UCM intake processes.
* Produce web and other digital content utilizing enterprise assets, content to meet
* Maintain organization of project files and documents.
Other Duties 10%
* Support achievement of University mission, strategic goals, team goals and individual goals.
* Represent the digital strategy team in developing strong connections across the unit and the University.
* Assist with on-going initiatives such as digital sustainability efforts.
* Participate in University-wide events.
- Bachelor's Degree in communications, marketing, technical communications, computer information systems or a related field.
- At least two (2) years of professional experience in marketing/communications or similar organization.
- Experience managing web/digital content applications in a business, non-profit or higher education setting.
- Experience managing website content management systems (WordPress, Joomla, or similar).
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat, Photoshop and/or other PDF creation and image editing tools.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, both application and cloud-based collaboration platform.
- Familiarity with Website Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG ) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) best practices, Google Analytics operation.
- Strong organizational abilities and a flexible approach to changing priorities and workload.
- Experience producing and implementing compelling content for the web.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and team members.
- Experience with interpersonal communication and relationship building.
- Experience with customer/client support.
- Commitment to fostering diversity through inclusive design and language.
- Experience in system administration of digital content platforms such as web content management, event management, web content quality assurance and accessibility monitoring platforms.
- Experience with Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console and other Google 360 products and services.
- Experience in the creation and maintenance of Microsoft SharePoint pages and sites.
- Experience in creation and delivery of support documentation and in-person training.
Monday - Friday 8 - 5 with some exceptions. Hybrid work optional.
||Open Until Filled
|To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT)
|Special Instructions to Applicants
To be considered, you must apply through our career site at msudenverjobs.com.
|Talent Team Representative
|Talent Team Representative E-mail
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the following link:
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique, access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in downtown Denver.
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and professional success.
MSU Denver is committed to creating and fostering a work environment and culture of belonging; we are proud of the work our employee affinity groups contribute to our culture. For more information on our employee affinity groups please visit this .