Quality Assurance Auditor
|# of Openings
Safety & Regulatory Compliance/Quality Assurance
Atlas Air, Inc
|Employment Type (Portal Display)
Auditors ensure individuals and agencies that perform maintenance and/or maintenance/fuel related services perform those duties in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
Perform various types of audit to ensure aircraft compliance and safety in all aspect and alignment with company policies and procedures. Findings will be recorded and conveyed for corrective action and follow-up as required.
- Perform external audits of contract agencies and vendors that repair, overhaul or perform other maintenance on Company aircraft, engines, appliances or components, in accordance with Company policies.
- Perform internal audits of internal departments and/or paperwork audits on work packages, log pages and other Company records.
- Monitor the Company Maintenance and Inspection Programs to assure continuing compliance with FAR's, Company regulations and policies, procedures specifications and maintenance practices.
- Conduct follow-up audits, as required to ensure problems found during external/internal audits are corrected within time limitations specified in the Company's General Maintenance Manual
- Maintain records of audits and findings to document compliance. Review Corrective Actions of audit discrepancies to assure satisfactory corrective action and preventative actions are accomplished in a timely manner.
- Perform additional tasks as specified in the CASS/Reliability section of the Company's General Maintenance Manual
- Accomplish SRC Airworthiness investigations as needed.
- Perform audits on aircraft Weight & Balance program as assigned by Sr./ Manager of Quality.
- Bachelor degree or above, preferably in Business or Aviation (maybe substituted for experience or an A&P certificate)
- Mechanic's Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) ratings preferred
- At least 4 years' experience in aviation industry, Maintenance, Quality Control, or Quality Assurance preferred
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Word, Access, and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to shifting priorities, resourceful and strong problem solving mindset
- Flexible and available to work outside or scheduled hours as needed
- Must possess integrity, honesty, and strong work ethic
- Eagerness to learn and willingness to contribute to the role
- Extensive domestic and international travel may be required.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement