5 days ago(11/20/2023 9:32 AM)
|# of Openings
Union Position-W20-AFSCME Trades and Building Svc
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direct supervision of the Manager or designee, the Grounds/Skilled Laborer II performs tasks requiring some specialized skill or knowledge in connection with the maintenance, care, and beautification of the Medical Center Grounds. The Grounds/Skilled Laborer II will apply pesticides and assist other trades.
Operate equipment for to maintain the campus landscape such as, lawn mowing, trimming, pruning, fertilizing, planting, trash removal, painting equipment and snow removal etc.
- Troubleshoot sprinkler irrigation systems for proper operation and repair
- Apply herbicides and pesticides
- Perform tasks related to maintenance, repair, and upkeep of sidewalks, roadways, and parking areas, such as sweeping, striping, and paving
- Provide support in the removal of waste material from pathways, roadways, and parking lots. For situations that require EH &S assistance, secure the area, and ensure proper contacts are made to expedite the removal process
- Ensure daily vehicle inspections are completed
- Use computerize management system to assign work effort
- Perform all phases of snow removal and will be subject to stand-by status during the winter months
- Aid in the performance of routine duties, perform all work associated with all maintenance trades of an equal or lower graded classification where the work or task does not require a specific license
- Perform tasks related to storing of parts, equipment, and supplies maintained by Grounds Department
- Attend required trainings
- Perform other duties as required.
- Technical School or equivalent education
- 4 years of related experience in landscaping and pesticide applications
- Pesticide license or ability to obtain within 6 months
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to travel to off-site locations