When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you'll be doing...
- Serving as the technical design authority and architectural expert for sales opportunities across multiple vertical and geographic regions, in support of the entire Verizon Enterprise Security portfolio.
- Engaging in complex, strategic sales opportunities directly, and serving as the technical SPOC for such pursuits, leading teams of engineers and delegating as necessary.
- Consulting with our customer's senior technical and business owners to create a strategy leveraging the strengths of our portfolio, and help execute that strategy within the sales and delivery organizations.
- Acting as final arbiter of solution elements, and technical editor of proposal narratives. Their role in the sales cycle is to own, lead, and direct the technical elements of the opportunity, including customer presentation, requirements gathering, solution design, quote creation, and administrative support of the sale.
- Participating in business discussions including defining support roles, service levels, pricing structure, and program management, and engage third party providers as necessary to complete the solution.
- Serving a critical role in ensuring that all quoted solutions are supportable and manageable by the company including validating SLA language and fitness for operational stability.
- Ensuring that all technical questions are answered, all internal sales and approval processes are followed, and that the customer's requirements are fully met by the various teams involved in the quoting, implementation, and transition process. Provide mentoring to Solution Engineering staff and assist with training development and presentation, as requested.
- Playing a key partnership role to the field sales team as a technical advisor focused on driving business results for both Verizon and Verizon's clients.
Where you'll be working...
What we're looking for...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
- Valid driver's license.
- Six or more years of experience in three of the following areas:, Cyber Intelligence and Analytics, Security Policy Assessment & Development, Global Managed Security Services, Threat and Risk Intelligence, Vulnerability Management, Identity and Access Management, Security & Network Architecture, Governance Risk and Compliance.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape with the ability to clearly articulate the technical differentiation and value proposition associated with Verizon versus its competitors.
- Knowledge of commonly used security and Internet concepts, practices and procedures.
- Strong presentation skills, including the ability to develop and deliver technical presentations and tailor content to audience as appropriate.
- Strong written and oral communication skills - examples of solution architecture diagrams, statements of work, and/or technical project plans required.
- Experience working in a commissionable, high velocity sales environment with monthly quotas.
- Knowledge of business concepts and financial practices in large enterprises.
- Experience creating, maintaining, and following documented processes and procedures - sample work product required
- Experience working with F1000 companies and similarly large enterprises.
- Team lead or Project Management experience on a strategic long-term project.
- Industry certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, PCIP, CEH, GCIH, GPEN, CCSK, Security.
- Technology certifications: Cisco, BlueCoat, CheckPoint, Juniper, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Splunk, Symantec.
- Best Practices & Frameworks certifications: ITIL.
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar Sales Automation software including custom report generation.
- Front-line Operations experience with relevant technologies for a revenue generating platform within a large enterprise.
- Six or more years of architecture experience in conceptualization, definition and development of security based products and services.
- Capable of working independently on deals of any size or complexity.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our page to learn more.