Built on talent, technology, and trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of catalysts and engineered materials. The company's two industry-leading business segments-Catalysts Technologies and Materials Technologies-provide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the products and processes of our customers around the world. Grace employs approximately 4,300 people in over 30 countries.
We're hiring a Global Sustainable Sourcing Lead who can be a strategic thinker to drive the continuous improvement activities related to its Sustainability, Risk, Quality & Responsible Sourcing program. You will report to the VP Procurement and work with the respective Sourcing Category Leaders and business partners to drive key initiatives in support of the Sustainability, Risk, Quality and Responsible Sourcing practices within our global footprint.
This position offers a hybrid work schedule, Monday/Tuesday/Thursday on site and other days' work from home.
There are two options as to where the candidate's work location can be located. The preferred candidate would be based in Columbia, MD (corporate office) with relocation assistance offered. We will also consider a candidate that would be based in Houston, TX (downtown or West Houston), however no relocation is offered.
- Lead improvements within the "Grace Responsible Sourcing Program" charter and initiatives.
- Develop internal and external standards and policies together with the Grace Corporate Sustainability team and drive compliance with the supply base.
- Engage with and represent Grace at key industry or government associations on issues relating to responsible sourcing.
- Lead risk mitigation strategies and programs to include sustainability, quality and other key metrics across the supply base.
- Work cross-functionally with the sourcing team and other business functions on objectives related to the responsible sourcing program.
- Provide subject matter level expertise for sustainability and associated responsible sourcing platforms to effectively manage and mitigate risk for Grace.
- Liaise with global teams, legal counsel, and other functional experts to monitor regulations & mitigate risks.
- Collaborate with key suppliers to track and improve their sustainability performance.
- Boost capability and knowledge across Grace's Global Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Organization and other partners around responsible sourcing.
- Manage relationships with third party auditing resources.
- Support the Sourcing and Quality team with facilitating supplier audits and ensuring compliance with corrective action plan implementation.
- Manage supplier corrective & preventive action and drive improvement via scorecards, manage Root Cause & Corrective Actions (RCCA) process to ensure continual improvement to our supply base performance.
- Facilitate training, townhalls and other engagements with suppliers, toll manufacturers, 3rd party providers and internal sourcing professionals.
- B.S. degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Sustainability, highly preferred or a combination of education, training or related work experience.
- 5+ years' of Program-level experience related to Sustainability, Risk, Quality & Responsible Sourcing compliance.
- Experience in one or more of the following functions: EHS, Sourcing, Product Responsibility, Sustainability, Quality or Compliance in a private, public, government or military environment.
- May include travel up to 10% to include international.
- Familiarity with leading and emerging ESG and carbon disclosure methodologies, frameworks, and reporting mechanisms is highly desirable (e.g., IPCC, GHG Protocol, SBTi, FLAG, GRI, SASB, CDP, etc.).
- Familiarity with environmental and climate regulations and policy that may impact procurement practices
Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
Life Insurance and Disability
Grace Wellness Program
401(k) Company Match - Dollar to dollar up to the first 6%
Paid Vacation and Holidays
Company Donation Match Program
Grace is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Grace via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Grace. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Grace as a result of the referral or through other means.