Setup Operator (1st shift Aerospace Filtration Div. - Triad Drive)
Location : GREENSBORO, NC, United States
Job Type : Regular
Posted : Feb 17, 2023
Job ID : 38489
Back to Search Results
Apply Now > Save Job Job Saved
- Set up and operate moderately complex manufacturing equipment, learn and operate test stands within department
- Read blueprints and drawing, follow routing instructions and perform inspections.
- Specialty equipment use may include: Manual Pleater machine, preparation of materials for manunal pleating (includes wrapping to core, calculating material usage for sheering/cutting, fabrication of welded sub-assemblies (set up shear and/or Teledyne welder, usage of grinder/disc sanders).
- Proficient in all aspects of paperwork for the area within 30 days of hire.
- Team member will become soldering certified within forst 60 days from hire.
- Proficient in all types of equipment used in work area within 90 days of hire.
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise; Strong problem solving skills.
- Produce product in timely manner while following all Quality system requirements
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read blue prints and follow engineering instructions.
- Strongmechanical aptitude with famlilaty of hand tool usage and measuring devices such as: ruler, caliper, micrometers, height gauge, pin gauge, torque wrenches, etc.
- Utilize Lean tools and be active particpant in Lean events.
- Must be able to work and thrive in a High PerformanceTeam environment.
- Participate in 5S activities per Manager request.
- Must be able to work overtime when required including weekends.
- Maintain a safe workplace for self and fellow team members via compliance of safety policies and procedures.
- Other assignments as assigned by Management.
- Citizenship : US Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien
- Education : High School Diploma or equivalent
- Vision : 20/25 vision corrected or uncorrected
- Experience : Minimum of 1 year experience in manufacturing environment
- Communication : For safety and quality, must be able to read, write & understand English
- Mechanical Aptitude : Medium
- Math skills - Basic: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, converting decimals to fractions
- Physical Demands : While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
("Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor")
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (eeoc.gov) .
Save Job Job Saved