Senior Application Architect - INF001829
The Senior Application Architect role here at UScellular is responsible for the solution design and the data enablement of marketing related applications and service architectures. This role will assess the impact of the future business needs on existing applications data architectures and enablement. Collaborate with stakeholders and build solutions that support analytics, data exploration and data science needs. In this role you will be handling complex enterprise initiatives and closely with cross functional leads and sponsors.
This role is a hybrid work arrangement where the candidate can perform this role in-office or remote. In-office expectations within our operating footprint will be limited and based on an on purpose, for a purpose model should a meeting or collaborative session be scheduled.
- Provide expertise in the creation and refinement of agile technical stories for data architecture and development
- Provide expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices
- Provide expert knowledge of technical and data enablement architecture and serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to business, operations, and technology teams.
- Review business drivers, needs and strategies with Business and Architects to understand implications for application and data architecture patterns.
- Provide input to Enterprise Architects in the development of project initiation documents, including the definition of objectives, scope, approach, and deliverables.
- Provide guidance to the development teams during the analysis, design, development, and testing processes.
- Prepare data enablement architecture for applications deliverables in accordance with enterprise standards and methodologies and consistent with the target business architecture.
- Proactively identify and capitalize upon opportunities to share / re-use existing components where possible
- Enhance existing models to ensure compliance with best practices around master data management and a 3-layer architecture across technology platforms
- Lead discussions to document Data standards and procedures for the definition of reference architecture
- Comfortable defining Master Data Management solutions architecture and setting technical direction and defining component architecture
- Participate in Data Governance Council to continue to improve data quality, data availability, data security, and data maturity
- Coach, mentor, onboard new and junior associates
- Bachelor's degree or specialized training or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in data enablement architectures and data strategies for design and development in marketing applications domain or related technical field required
- Knowledge of technology and business operating models and underlying technical architecture required
- Experience in delivering solutions using Agile (traditional and SAFe) and supporting tools like Jira or Remedy.
- Experience with big data technologies: Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HBase, Impala.
- Knowledge and practice of technology trends, including columnar and NoSQL databases, predictive analytics, data visualization, machine learning, unstructured data, and their application.
- Experience is architecting Hadoop/Big data-based solutions for data enablement
- Experience in SAS Marketing application Suite a plus
Salary Range $96000 - $153501 / yearly. Open to exceeding if needed.
JOB : Information Technology
COMPENSATION : Salary Range $96000 - $153501 / yearly.
LOCATION(S) : CHICAGO_IL
UScellular is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.