Posted: Oct 28, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
The Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for a Software Engineer to help us push the limits on the next generation of interactive experiences on our platform. As a member of our creative organization, you will have a uniquely rewarding opportunity to craft future products that will delight and inspire millions of people every single day. System frameworks are at the core of unleashing the potential of AR/VR on Apple's platforms. Do you want to be at the forefront of ideating, building, and shipping groundbreaking experiences that build on top of the incredible capabilities of AR and VR? Our team is uniquely positioned at the intersection of design, frameworks, operating systems, and low-level software - by joining us you will work closely with peers across these functions to deliver life-changing products and experiences to our customers across all of Apple's operating systems.
- Passion for building, developing, and shipping software
- Deep practical skills and knowledge of protocol- and/or object-oriented programming
- Keen ability to translate technical capabilities, questions, and constraints into prototypes
Apple makes innovative technologies accessible for the creation of amazing user experiences. In close collaboration with other teams across Apple and TDG, you will have the opportunity to work on a team building developer frameworks to enable applications to interact with the system and users in a variety of new and profoundly exciting ways. We are looking for a software engineer who will work on the App Intents framework to help design and implement solutions to unlock deep system intelligence, enable new developer tools, and facilitate novel user interactions from application data models which are leveraged by a variety of system services such as Shortcuts, Siri, Search, and more. Your work will be highly cross-functional, providing exposure to all facets of Apple's engineering resources. App Intents is deployed across all of Apple's operating systems, putting your work in the hands of millions of developers and billions of customers. Join us as we innovate and explore these technologies to enable creatives to surprise and delight our users.
Education & Experience
BS / MS in Computer Science OR equivalent degree OR equivalent experience and at least 3 years of experience
- - Experience programming with Swift and/or Objective-C is preferred
- - Experience working on developer-facing frameworks OR experience working with Apple frameworks in customer-facing iOS and/or macOS applications is preferred
- - Attention to detail, creativity, passion, and superior communication and collaboration skills
- - Knowledge of AR/VR technologies, 3D graphics, and/or game engines is NOT required for this role
- Apple's most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We're proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount - both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company's success. You'll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $130,000 and $242,000, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple's discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple's Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You'll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses - including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.