PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines andalso provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services - you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
This role supports supply chain operations and is embedded within the North American Materials organization. They will work cross functionally with business users from various departments, divisions, and organizations on all phases of assigned projects and be responsible for integrating multiple heterogeneous data sources to build efficient, flexible, and scalable data warehouses and reporting solutions. Must be a be a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment and have a passion for process improvement. This position can be located in Denton, TX., Renton, WA., Chillicothe, OH., or Ste-Therese QC
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and support data warehouse infrastructure using Snowflake, SQL Server, AWS cloud technology, Teradata, and multiple RDBMS engines.
- Create ELT/ETL procedures to take data from various operational systems and integrate into a dimensional or star schema data model for analytics and reporting.
- Support Data Analysts and Research Scientist in analyzing usage data to derive new insights and fuel customer success
- Use business intelligence and visualization software (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau Server, Jupyter Notebooks, etc.) to empower non-technical, internal customers to drive their own analytics and reporting.
- Generates scripts for database deployment.
- Models physical/application data requirements in a data model tool, such as ERWin data modeler
- Manages data models and related artifacts in a source safe repository such as TFS or GitHub.
Analysis and Solution Development
- Elicits functional & nonfunctional requirements through the use of interviews, workflow analysis, requirements workshops, and surveys to provide business process descriptions, business requirements, use cases, and user stories, with minimal support
- Develops analysis approach and applies various BA techniques with limited guidance from others
- Collaborates with technical subject matter experts to identify potential technology/vendor solutions that may meet the business needs and defines pros/cons of each.
- Bachelor's degree required.MCSE or related SQL certification preferred
- 2-5 year's relevant experience in data modeling and data architect
- Expertise with SQL and relational database systems
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts
- Experience in data mining, ETL, etc. and using databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
- Experience in modeling logical/business data requirements in a data model tool, such as ERWin data modeler.
- Experience in generating scripts for physical database deployment.
- Proficiency with ETL tools and techniques.
- Knowledge of more than one database platform, such as Azure, SQL Server, Snowflake, Oracle and Teradata.
- Must have knowledge of data normalization and de-normalization techniques
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, including active listening, problem solving when under pressure, and facilitation.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Machine learning model experience a plus.
- Familiarity with Python, C#, and/or other programming languages.
- Familiar with project management methodology
- Familiar Lean/Six Sigma
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability corporation.Peterbilt promotes Diversity and Inclusion through mentorship, events, and affinity support groups - The Diversity Council, Peterbilt Women's Initiative (PBWin), Veterans Group, and ADVOCATE (An LGBTQ support group).