APP Admin Clinical Education & Program Development – PA - NP - Austin - Central Texas - Hybrid Position
The Baylor Scott & White Advanced Practice Administrator of Clinical Education and Development is based in Central Texas, serving the Austin, Waco, Temple, and College Station markets. This hybrid role allows the APP leader to develop and implement onboarding and educational programs for APPs of all specialties and levels of experience while maintaining a role in clinical practice.
From the rolling Texas Hill Country to the edge of the Piney Woods, Central Texas has much to offer. A vast system of state parks, trails, and lakes provides ample opportunities for the outdoor enthusiast. Wildflowers in the spring and enviable fall weather create a backdrop for big city benefits with a small-town feel. Several cities in Central Texas are known for exemplary school systems. Austin, College Station, Waco, and Temple each showcase arts and music offerings. With multiple top tier universities, including Texas A&M, University of Texas, and Baylor University, access to higher education abounds.
The candidate for this role has an opportunity to reside in any Central Texas location and will commute regularly to the site of their clinical practice. This role also includes routine visits to Baylor Scott & White facilities across Central Texas. A portion of the role may be allocated to remote work.
Develop, coordinate, implement, and sustain educational programs for Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) that align with the strategic growth initiatives of the BSWH Medical Group (BSWHMG).
Provide leadership for APPs in mentor and clinical educator roles.
Develop and execute clinical competencies and educational strategy for APPs, formalize practice transition orientation programs to meet the unique needs of new graduates and APPs transitioning to new specialties, and lead development efforts for future APP educational programs.
Reports to the APP Director within their region/division and collaborates with other clinical and operational leaders across the Medical Group. The Advanced Practice Professional serving in this role will have designated administrative time at the discretion of the APP Director and commiserate with responsibilities.
Serve as subject matter expert for educational program accreditation and future fellowship endeavors.
May provide leadership for direct reports within the APP education realm.
Develop and oversee BSWMG APP Educational Committees.
This role will devote no less than 20% of time to clinical duties as an APRN or PA provider:
- Assesses the physical and mental condition of patients by performing and obtaining comprehensive or problem-focused physical examinations and medical histories.
- Orders, collects, interprets, and evaluates laboratory and other diagnostic tests to assess patient problems and health care needs
- Prescribes, recommends and/or employs medical drug therapies or other forms of related therapeutic treatments and procedures or performs indicated procedures in accordance with approved policies with attention to efficacy, safety, and cost. Recommends interventions to modify behavior associated with health risks.
- Formulates and implements comprehensive outcomes-based patient treatment plans based on patient assessments, evidence-based medicine, standards of care, professional practice guidelines and in collaboration with physicians and other interdisciplinary team members when appropriate. Evaluates patient's response to health care provided and the effectiveness of care.
- Counsels patients and families regarding medical processes, management of the health illness/condition, medication, nutrition, and health promotion. Counsels patients about drug regimens and possible side effects or interactions with other substances such as food supplements, over the counter medications and herbal remedies.
- Maintains appropriate records detailing the patient's treatment plans and outcomes. Initiates timely consultation and referral when the problem exceeds scope of practice and/or expertise.
- Provides consultation level services for conditions/problems related to the Provider's specialty and training.
- May be required to perform patient care duties beyond regular schedule based on coverage needs of the department.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- The ideal candidate is an innovative, self-motivated leader
- Ability to develop, coordinate, implement, and sustain successful Advanced Practice Provider (APP) education programs that are aligned to best practices and strategic growth initiatives.
- Doctorate in relevant field (e.g., Education) preferred.
- Exemplary interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills
- Skill in the use of computers and related software applications
- Knowledge of information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities to include symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions
- Ability to develop and implement comprehensive outcomes-based patient treatment plans
- Ability to counsel patients concerning medical and psychological/psychiatric conditions, treatment plans, and behavior modification
- Ability to interpret and evaluate laboratory and other diagnostic tests
EXTENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
- CME/CE days and funds
- Doctoral degree in relevant field preferred (ex. adult/APP Education)
- Graduate of an Accredited NP or PA Program
- Current certification as an NP or PA
- Current (or ability to obtain) Texas NP or PA license and DEA registration
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical experience as an APP provider preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in APP education to include educational program development, implementation, and performance assessment preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS within 30 days of hire or transfer.
- DEA registration
- Nurse Practitioner (NP) candidates: Texas RN licensure or RN licensure with compact privilege from a state that is party to the Nurse Licensure Compact for RNs and LVNs and Texas APRN current license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner and appropriate APRN certification for patient population.
- Physician Assistant/Associate (PA) candidates: Texas PA license and current certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistant (NCCPA).