US0013 Sysco Central Texas (Division of USA I)
Minimum Years of Experience:
This is an Operations position responsible for supervising the activities associated with night warehouse operations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the supervision of order selection, product replenishment, order loading, ensuring safety and security of the warehouse and providing management and direction to assigned warehouse staff.
- Supervises the daily work and safety of employees engaged in order selection, product replenishment, order loading, including all warehouse functions, selectors, loaders and night forklift operators.
- Manages labor hours and consumable supplies within budget.
- Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Administers the proper utilization of Company assets in support of the warehouse.
- Coordinates required repairs with proper departments as necessary.
- Review night warehouse functions and various warehouse productivity reporting. Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with implementation of changes within night warehouse.
- Conducts shipping and loading audit daily ensuring all required documentation is accurately completed (including HAACP, food safety, and catch-weight documentation) and that material is handled and stored correctly with a minimum potential for loss.
- Assist with monitoring sanitation and facility/racking damage to ensure a safe and clean warehouse.
- Aid with the training of new associates, including cross-training of existing associates.
- Preserves associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings.
- Maintains on-going interaction.
- Keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures.
- Monitors associate morale.
- Submit and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies and procedures.
- Organizes efforts with the Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes and routine safety inspections.
- Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Execute management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of employees supervised and other related duties as needed.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, AIB, FDA, USDA, etc.)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 2 or 4-year college degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or similar major preferred.
- 1-3 years related experience and/or training.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco within 3 months.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Can add, subtracts, multiply, and divides into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs.
- Successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts proactively and constructively
- Work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Reports to work promptly and regularly.
- Works well with others.
- Display the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts.
- The employee works non-traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- May occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.).
- Periodically exposed to high, precarious places.
- Sometimes exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For information on Sysco's Benefits, please visit https://SyscoBenefits.com
HOW WE PROTECT OUR
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We're looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.