|Alternate Department Description
|Criminal Background Check
||Standard Background Check
|Motor Vehicle Background Check
|Statement of Economic Interest
||No, is eligible for layoff or severance benefits.
|Role (State) Job Title
||Trades Technician III / 79033
||HVAC Technician II
||Monday - Friday, 2:00pm - 10:30pm
||Commensurate with education and experience.
HVAC Technician II
Facilities Management is committed to providing a safe, functional, and clean community experience at George Mason University. Our team of resourceful professionals focus on drive and innovation across various trades and we are excited to have you join us. Mason Facilities promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace, and challenges our team members to evolve their professional skills and grow in their careers. We ensure a quality, physical environment supporting the mission of Mason.
George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
HVAC Technician II performs skilled journeyman-level work to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair a wide variety of commercial
HVAC equipment; maintains and repairs trade-related refrigeration hot water/steam systems, air-handling equipment, and other related heating and
EPA-approved universal refrigerant recovery type I, II, & III CFC licenses;
- Significant progressively more responsible HVAC experience; and
- Must currently possess an appropriate, active, valid motor vehicle operator's license that meets all of GMU's requirements for operating state vehicles and equipment under Mason's Vehicle Use Policy 1411 . The Office of Risk Management reserves the right to review the driver's licenses and Motor Vehicle Reports (MVRs) of all candidates selected with employment contingent upon a favorable review.
HVAC Journeyman license;
- Five years of experience with commercial HVAC systems; and
- Completion of, or ongoing participation in, an acceptable apprentice-level HVAC training program.
- Lots of leave, including annual leave, paid holidays, paid sick leave, paid winter break (please note - the break employees often receive during the holiday season is not regularly guaranteed and is subject to annual approval);
- Tuition exemption and professional development;
- Commuter Choice Transit Benefit;
- Virginia Retirement System Hybrid Plan; and
- Patriot Perks discounts to restaurants, events, and more.
For you and your family...
- Health/dental/vision benefits; and
- Tuition dependent benefit (restrictions apply).
|Special Instructions to Applicants
For full consideration, applicants must apply at ; complete and submit the online application, upload your resume and a list of three professional references with contact information.
|For Full Consideration, Apply by:
|Job Close Date
|Open Until Filled?
|Mason Ad Statement
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top
U.S. News and World Report "Up and Coming" spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason's diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
|Campus Safety Information
Mason's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at