About Universal Health Services
One of the nation's largest and most respected providers of hospital and healthcare services, Universal
Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Growing
steadily since its inception into an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, annual revenues were over $11
billion in 2020. In 2021, UHS was again recognized as one of the World's Most Admired Companies by
Fortune; and listed in Forbes ranking of U.S.' Largest Public Companies. Headquartered in King of
Prussia, PA, UHS has over 89,000 employees and continues to grow through its subsidiaries. Operating
acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities, outpatient facilities and ambulatory care access points,
an insurance offering, a physician network and various related services located all over the U.S. states,
Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and the United Kingdom. www.uhsinc.com
Rivendell is a 125 inpatient psychiatric hospital located in the heart of Bowling Green, KY on a 49 acre campus. At Rivendell Behavioral Health Hospital, children who are in crisis receive psychiatric care. Teens suffering from depression, disabling anxiety, feelings of hopelessness or suicide can learn new ways to cope. Teens and adults suffering from chemical dependency and substance abuse can get help. Senior adults in need of psychiatric treatment for early onset of dementia, depression, anxiety, thoughts of suicide and behavioral problems are treated in a positive, secure and compassionate environment.
- Recreational Therapist: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university and eligible to sit for national exam conducted through the National Council on Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC).
- Art Therapist: Minimum of a Master's Degree from an accredited university and working towards registration with the Art Therapy Credentials Board (ATCB).
- Music Therapist: Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university and eligible to sit for national exam conducted through the Certification Board for Music Therapist (CBMT).Experience: Thorough knowledge of JC regulations, OSHA regulations, state and federal regulatory standards, and professional Standards of Practice provided through professional Associations; CPR certification.
- Additional Requirements:
- Two (2) years of related experience, with knowledge of psychiatric patient care techniques and with an understanding of mental illness, preferred.
- Supports and implements program philosophy, working closely with other personnel to ensure that each treatment modality is appropriate for the patient.
- Maintains high quality documentation of all therapy services consistent with facility policies in a timely manner, meeting all deadlines as established by facility policy and procedures.
- Maintains professional, ethical standards and all legal requirements.
- Assesses patients' needs regularly and assists in the development and updating of the Master Treatment plan.
- Plans for and/or assists other departments in the discharge, aftercare planning and aftercare follow-up of assigned patients.
- Provides group therapy to assigned patients consistent with established techniques and methods of the relevant professional literature.
- Exercises sound judgement in making therapeutic decisions concerning assigned cases.
- Demonstrates knowledge of age-specific physical, motor, cognitive, language and social/personality developments. Utilizing development levels within the application of leisure activities.
- Utilizes understanding of growth and development philosophies of the children and adolescents within the application of leisure activities.
- Understands the aging process of adulthood and geriatric population as it relates to leisure activity and shows the ability to provide activities specific for improving physical and/or psychological impairments related to the aging process.
- Demonstrates the understanding of the 12-Step program and the disease process of chemical dependency and how it affects the patient's medical, social, financial, and leisure status. Has the ability to appropriately engage/provide therapy with patients withdrawing from chemical dependency.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: or 1-800-852-3449.