The Sr. Service Management Advisor applies their industry experience and business acumen to deliver successful CDW Service Management strategy and solutions to meet client needs. Collaborating with stakeholders across all areas and at all levels of the enterprise, the Sr. Service Management Advisor leads consultative interactions to guide clients toward transformative process, behavior, and technology solutions that impact the organization's ability to operate with greater efficiency, effectiveness, and with less risk.
The Sr. Service Management Advisor fills a strategic role in ServiceNow Solutions, straddling and often supporting technology implementation engagements, while encouraging and enabling clients to architect and adopt multi-year, cultural and transformative change.
The Sr. Service Management Advisor will employ their diverse IT and/or Management Consulting background and knowledge of industry trends to build and develop trusted relationships with a portfolio of strategic clients.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- The Service Management Advisor will be assigned to clients and engagements with a stated focus on organizational change, process definition and evolution, strategic initiative, and/or digital transformation. These clients and their initiatives demand acute attention to people and process, beyond technology. As such, the Service Management Advisor will be expected to speak across various aspects Enterprise Service Management, help clients appreciate the importance of Enterprise decision-making, and be comfortable recognizing opportunities for automation and enhancements.
- As a member of the ServiceNow Solutions Advisory Services team, the Service Management Advisor may be called upon to fill the role of Business Process Consultant, collaborating with implementation team members to coach clients on process best practice and design and deliver ServiceNow solutions that meet business needs.
- Lead business process definition, re-engineering, improvement and to-be process workshops with key client sponsors and stakeholders.
- Partner with the ServiceNow Solutions Innovation Team to co-deliver 360-degree Enterprise maturity assessments, including documenting improvement recommendations and roadmap deliverables.
- Lead topical assessments focused on targeted areas for client growth and improvement.
- Help clients set, execute, and continuously calibrate transformational roadmaps and journeys; this may be part of a larger project or standalone engagement.
- Develop a thorough understanding of client requirements and assist the client and project team (as applicable) in applying industry best practices and detailed knowledge of technology, including ServiceNow, to help design optimal solutions that support the business process and its functional requirements.
- The Service Management Advisor may serve as Practice Lead for at least one (1) Advisory Services Practice, aligned to ServiceNow Business Unit or other core ServiceNow Solutions product (example: ITIL Training). As Practice Lead, the Service Management Advisor coordinates Practice activity with peers and with SNS R&D Technical Architects, having ultimate accountability for the quality and completeness of Practice Area artifacts.
- The Service Management Advisor may serve as Process Owner on at least one (1) Advisory Services Practice, aligned to ServiceNow Business Unit or other core ServiceNow Solutions product (example: ITIL Training). Process Ownership may, but does not have to, align to the Service Management Advisor's Practice Leadership
- Document and present insights and recommended solutions to meet business objectives
- Recommend metrics and KPIs to quantify the impact of the solution and drive continual service improvement
- Prepare and deliver roadmaps to accelerate the adoption and maturity of Enterprise Service Management
- Create and present proposals, including ServiceNow product and services
- Communicate the value of a Center of Excellence for the Enterprise Service Management and corresponding demand planning
- Influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) while providing thought leadership in solving business processes and/or technical problems and relay that in English and not just IT jargon.
- The Sr. Service Management Advisor is expected to contribute blog posts and participate in panel /expert discussions
- The Sr. Service Management Advisor will serve as Executive Sponsor on ServiceNow Solutions Engagements.
- As a leader among peers, the Sr. Service Management Advisor is expected to mentor other Advisory Services team members, whether new to the team or established. This may include observing and providing feedback on another team member's workshops, previewing content for delivery, and assisting others with deliverables.
- The Sr. Service Management Advisor will be responsible for multi-year, strategic, and transformative relationships with clients. In these relationships, the Service Management Advisor will help clients identify and coach Process Owners; define and measure against Key Performance Indicators; and continuously improve processes, procedures, and visions.
- During the Sr. Service Management Advisor's client relationships, the client may engage with ServiceNow Solutions for implementation projects to further the strategic vision. In such cases, the Sr. Service Management Advisor may serve as Business Process Consultant for specific projects. The Sr. Service Management Advisor will also provide oversight for projects led by other members of the ServiceNow Solutions (SNS) team. This allows the Sr. Service Management Advisor to influence a client's overall strategic vision and direction, while functional experts focus on technological solutions.
- The Sr. Service Management Advisor will be tasked with leading multi-workstream engagements on which multiple Business Process Consultants are staffed. In this case, the Sr. Service Management Advisor will serve in a process architect capacity, ensuring all business process elements of the engagement are well-coordinated.
- Maintain curiosity and proactive familiarity with ServiceNow capabilities and industry / business best practice and share knowledge with the entire team.
- Provide thought leadership and collaborate with internal ServiceNow Solutions teams
- The Sr. Service Management Advisor will work closely with the SNS and CDW Sales and Account Management executives to identify and promote additional opportunities within the Service Management Advisor's portfolio.
- Identify, lead, and contribute to the creation of best practices, white papers, workshops, etc.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of Delivery and Advisory Services processes as well as the maturing of the different portfolios, capabilities, expertise, and best practices in consideration of customer needs and requirements
- Serve as first line contact to assist Pre-Sales with scoping service engagements.
- Continually look for ways to improve systems and processes.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- At least 15 years of experience in service management, service delivery, or related field such as IT, Human Resources, Security Operations, and Customer Service Management
- At least two (2) years of experience with the ServiceNow platform, ideally as a platform owner, platform manager, or product owner.
- ITILv3 or ITIL4 Certification, Foundation level
- The Sr. Service Management Advisor must be able to espouse the significance of Enterprise Service Management, not just IT Service Management, and be confident helping their clients recognize how processes and practices intertwine.
- Experience successfully leading clients (internal or external) through complex, multi-year business transformations.
- Extensive enterprise consulting experience, including implementation experience with one or more common enterprise software solutions filling positions of increasing responsibility and management of program teams.
- In addition to IT Service Management, expert level familiarity with at least one (1) of the following product lines: Customer Success Management; Human Resource Management; Project and Portfolio Management; Operations Management; Enterprise Analytics; Security Operations; Governance, Risk, Compliance, and Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery; Software Asset Management; or Hardware Asset Management.
- Proven ability to guide business strategy conversations and decipher business needs to drive value and alignment
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with and advise Business Leaders up to and including Executive / C-Suite
- Experience documenting process and procedure workflows, use cases, and roles and responsibilities for Process Owner execution.
- Experience leading organizations through complex change, including developing and delivering communication strategies.
- Experience developing and delivering client training, from executives to individual contributors.
- Demonstrated experience with leading teams and complex projects
- Experience in leading and managing business transformation for mid to large sized organization with demonstrated leadership driving an organizational transformation in a matrixed organization
- Ability to guide and coach leadership teams and executives with transformational efforts
- Understanding and real-world application of a holistic view of maturity including: People, Process, and Product/Technology
- Familiarity with Organizational Change Management methodologies and approaches
- Proven ability to analyze, design, and optimize business processes via technology and integration
- Proven ability to manage customer expectations
- Proven ability to negotiate solutions to complex problems with both the customer and third-party partners
- Deep experience and demonstrated ability to promote and lead positive change in the organization
- Strong presentation skills. Able to effectively present and defend point of view to a variety of audiences
- Ability to communicate abstract concepts clearly to executive level management
- Strong organization and facilitation skills to drive the execution of customer programs and organization strategies
- An understanding of the ServiceNow platform to be consultative and provide guidance and best practices.
- Experience designing and implementing client facing solutions leveraging involving enterprise software
- Self-motivation / Self-direction - capable of multi-tasking and accepting change both in tasks and schedule
- Ability to handle and overcome objections in both a pre-sales and engagement delivery context
- Intrinsic curiosity and passion about researching current and emerging trends in IT and specific industries
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, with the ability to effectively interact with stakeholders and various cross functional teams as well as customers.
- Proven ability to proactively collaborate and build relationships, take initiative, and creatively problem solve.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and strong analytical skills.
- Experience speaking with both business and technical customers at all levels.
- Ability to understand data findings to draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations.
- Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, troubleshooting with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict with appropriate escalation.
- Commitment to customer satisfaction and supports our brand promise and guarantee to always "make it right"
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% or as needed to other CDW locations, meetings and client sites.
- Degree or equivalent, preferably in Computer Science or Information Technology, and proven experience in technical consulting roles.
- Formal Organizational Change Management (OCM) training.
- ITIL Practitioner or Service Manager Certification preferred. Experience with other frameworks such as IT4IT, DevOps, an advantage.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.