NEW Capital Division Central Laboratory9211 Arboretum Parkway, Suite 500, Richmond, VA 23236
Full-Time nights with rotating weekendsHCA Healthcare Laboratory Services is opening a brand new state-of-the-art Central Laboratory to support Histology and Microbiology specialized testing for our HCA Healthcare hospitals in the Capital Division. Don't miss your chance to join a brand new central laboratory with the leaders in healthcare. Take that next step in your career and apply today!
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Histology Technician. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Prepare and process specimens for gross and microscopic examination and diagnosis by a pathologist. May assist in the preparation of frozen sections of surgical specimens for microscopic examination by a pathologist.
- Perform histology and cytology procedures including specimen processing/fixation, cell block preparation, embedding, microtomy, slide preparation, routine and special stains, case organization in accordance with department procedures.
- Assure positive sample, block and slide identification
- Prepare and maintains solutions for routine stains and histology procedures.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment and instrumentation per manufacturer & department procedures and per department schedule.
- Adhere to department policy with regards to performance and documentation of quality control and quality assurance for instrumentation, equipment and procedures performed.
You Should Have:
- High School Diploma required
- Associate's degree preferred
- Minimum one year experience in a clinical laboratory setting preferred
- General knowledge of histology methods and correlation to disease processes
- Ability to follow protocols for the proper fixation and routine staining of samples
- Ability to consistently prepare and produce specimen sections with appropriate slide orientation, thickness, and stain quality for microscopic diagnosis by a pathologist
- Demonstrates good technique in the cutting, embedding, orientation and staining of specimens
- General knowledge of laboratory accreditation and regulatory compliance requirements
- Excellent communication, team work and organizational skills. Sets a positive example.
- Effective and proactive problem solving and decision making skills
|Capital Division Central Laboratory is a new 15,000 square foot standalone laboratory. We support HCA Virginia facilities to provide timely diagnostic information for patient care. This is a beautiful state of the art laboratory. We handle all specialized clinical microbiology. We handle histology testing with new testing equipment and technology in a fast paced environment.
Integrated Regional Labs is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. Our infrastructure includes a fully automated esoteric core laboratory in Fort Lauderdale, a histology and microbiology operation in Largo, Florida, and a network of hospital based rapid-response laboratories present in four HCA Healthcare divisions within the state of Florida. Our core laboratories support more than 250 acute and rehab hospitals, physician practices, surgery centers and commercial accounts.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Histology Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.