Job Title: Critical Care Transport Nurse
The Critical Care Transport Nurse performs basic life support, advance life support and critical care nursing. The CCT Transport Nurse provides direct patient care to the ill and injured during the transport and the local EMS transport and treatment protocols. The CCT Transport Nurse functions under standing orders of the physician or the medical director. The CCT Transport Nurse performs assessments, treats, and monitors patients during inter-facility transports.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for adapting to the changing nature of healthcare, customer's expectations, adapting to new delivery protocols, interaction with the medical centers, hospitals, and physicians and other service providers and other ancillary EMS agencies, and new ways of communicating, documenting and reporting
- Customer satisfaction
- Clinical skills
- Procedure and protocol adherence and compliance
- Chute time, turnaround time
- Documentation compliance
- Self-development and assisting in development of others
- Certification maintenance
- Protection and maintenance of company equipment
- Transport percentage
- Run system calls as required
NONESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Current registration as an RN/EMS
- Minimum 3 years Emergency Department/Critical Care Experiences
- Minimum 3 years MICN experience
- Current ACLS, PALS, PHTLS Certification
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Drivers License
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability
- Current critical care inter-facility transfer experience; CEN, CCRN, TNCC or ENC Certification; BTLS/PHTLS
- Previous experience as a flight nurse or in a ground transport environment is highly desirable
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- B.S.N preferred, but not required
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state in which they are based.
- Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required upon employment and recertification as required
- TNATC or equivalent course (PHTLS, ITLS, ATLS), within 1 (one) year of employment.
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN), Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) and Certified Flight Registered Nurse (CFRN) are highly desirable. There is a requirement to obtain one of the above certifications with 1 year of hire.
- Must attend all required and complete all annual training requirements.
- Maintain all required certifications.
- Must attend all required Training and maintain require certifications.
- Occasionally: Smelling
- Frequently: Kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning, flexibility, and multiple physical activities performed at the same time (carrying multiple equipment while pushing on pram)
- Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, simple touching, walking (inside and outside), pushing, pulling, reaching, sitting, driving ambulance, seeing
- Weight proportionate to height.
- Able to lift using proper body mechanics. Activities may include:
* Lifting patients and equipment weighing up to 400 pounds in and out of aircraft with assistance.
* Carrying medical equipment appropriate to transport.
* Driving record in compliance with AMR policy regarding insurability.
* May need to perform CPR for a long period of time without assistance.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and providing for individuals with a disability.