WHAT IS THE INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT)DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at:
Vacancies will be filled in the following specialty areas:
Information Technology IT-wide. (Can be placed anywhere in the IT Organization)
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Independently evaluates, reviews, and monitors resource justifications, allocations and resource use for assigned program area(s) with special emphasis on conformance with the Division business plan and the IRS strategic plan and performance measures.
- Independently identifies and researches budgetary and financial issues, evaluates resource allocations, develops written analysis of findings, and recommends alternative solutions.
- Responsible for coordinating the formulation of Division budget submissions. Independently develops, reviews, and analyzes resource proposals for Division programs; coordinates with Division management to develop submission and justification, and coordinates with Strategic Planning and Budgeting to facilitate division responses to Treasury, OMB, and Congressional staffs involving Division financial plan resource matters. Reviews program and funding changes and assesses program impact of budget cuts and/or legislative changes.
- Projects labor resource requirements for salaries, benefits and Full-Time Equivalents (FTEs) for the assigned area for both the current plan execution and subsequent year plan development. Also monitors support resources (e.g. equipment, supplies, facilities, and training) for assigned area.
- Coordinates and provides oversight and advice in the financial review process, including reprogramming decisions and the development of narrative justifications. Independently develops strategies and recommendations to ensure maximum program delivery within the bounds of financial constraints.
Conditions of Employment
- To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement/enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National and provide proof of U.S. Citizenship. (Birth certificate showing birth in the U.S; Unexpired U.S. Passport; Certificate of Citizenship or Naturalization; or Report of Birth Abroad of a U.S. Citizen (Form FS-240))
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, including a FBI criminal history record check (fingerprint check).
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
GS-13 LEVEL: To be eligible for this position at this grade level, you must meet the requirements below. At least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal government. To be qualifying your experience must be sufficient to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of budget concepts, process, financial coding structure and the interrelationships among appropriations; Ability to interpret the budgetary aspects of laws, regulations, policies and procedures, and provide guidance; Ability to interpret and apply budget instructions, administrative memoranda, and regulatory guidelines from a procedural, technical standpoint; Proven ability to analyze and relate financial data to work plans, business plans, Strategic Plans, and organizational accomplishments and the ability to communicate orally and in writing and make presentations clearly and persuasively. In addition, at this level your experience should include: Ability to manage time, balance priorities, and work effectively under pressure of tight timeframes and changing conditions; Advanced skills in using computer applications for word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, and communications programs; and Knowledge of analytical and problem-solving techniques and extensive knowledge of automated financial systems.
Federal experience is not required. The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
For more information on qualifications please refer to .
For positions with an education requirement, or if you are qualifying for this position by substituting education or training for experience, submit a copy of your transcripts or equivalent. An official transcript will be required if you are selected.
A college or university degree generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For a list of schools which meet these criteria, please refer to .
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Click for Foreign Education Credentialing instructions.
Please consider each location carefully when applying.
Vacancies to be filled as follows. Please see location information above, to find the street address, city and state for each of the Building Codes (BC).
Information Technology IT-wide. (Can be placed anywhere in the IT Organization)
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- Tour of Duty: Start and stop times between 6:00am and 6:00pm.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
- Relocation expenses - No
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies. Additional jobs may be filled.
- Subject to a 1-year probationary period (unless already completed).
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
Though many locations may be listed, you will be limited to a maximum of 3 location choices. Please consider each location carefully when applying. If you are selected for a position at one of your location selections, that location will become your official post of duty.
If the position(s) are no longer needed prior to the closing date, this announcement may be closed early.
This is an open continuous announcement which allows applicants to apply up to the closing date of the announcement 02/20/2024
The register will be used to fill an anticipated 6 vacancies. Selections may be made from certificates issued up to 12 months after the 1st cut-off date listed below. Contingent upon funding and space requirements, vacancies may be filled at the locations listed in this announcement as they become available. Applicants need to apply and/or update their applications by 11:59 pm ET at the close of each of the following cutoff dates to be considered:
03/06/2023, 06/06/2023, 09/06/2023 and 12/06/2023
. This announcement may be amended to include additional cut-off dates within the 12-month period if needed, no later than 10 workdays prior to the cut-off date or the final selection date.
A career with the U.S. government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. .
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
The following documents are required and must be provided with your application. All application materials, including transcripts, must be in English.
Please note that if you do not provide all required information, as specified in this announcement, your application will be determined incomplete, and you will not be considered for this position (or may not receive the special consideration for which you may be eligible).
- Online Application - Questionnaire
- Education - See Education Section above
- Registration/License (if applicable) - active, current registration/license
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) - If you are 16 or 17 years of age, you MUST submit documentation of graduation from high school (or equivalent); OR completion of a formal vocational training program; OR statement from school authorities agreeing with your decision to pursue employment rather than continuing your education.
How to Apply
The following instructions outline our application process. You must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on 02/20/2024 and/or cut-off dates in this announcement. We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. ET, Monday - Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, please contact us by noon ET on 02/20/2024.
To preview the Application Questionnaire, please click the following link:
- To begin the application process, click the "Apply Online" button.
- You will be re-directed to USA STAFFING to complete your application process; answer the online questions and submit all required documents. (To submit supporting documents, import documents from USAJOBS to the appropriate document types. If the document you need was not imported from USAJOBS, you may upload it directly into this application. To protect your privacy, we suggest you first remove your SSN).
- To complete, you must click the "Submit Application" button prior to 11:59 PM (ET) on 02/20/2024.
To update your application, including supporting documentation, at any time during the announcement open period, return to your USAJOBS account (). There you will find a record of your application, the application status, and an option to Update Application. This option will no longer be available once the announcement has closed.
To verify the status of your application both during and after the announcement open period, log into your USAJOBS account: . All of your applications will appear on the
page. The application record in your USAJOBS account provides an
Additional Application Information
page that provides information regarding the documentation you submitted and any correspondence we have sent related to this application. The
will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each
means, visit: .
Agency contact information
(ERC) Employee Resource Center
IT - Information Technology
1111 Constitution Ave NW
Washington, DC 20224
Treasury believes in a working environment that supports inclusion; please view our reasonable accommodation policies and procedures at . We provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis; contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
Once your application package and online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email. You are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you. You may check the status of your application for this position at any time by logging onto the USAJOBS "My Account" tab and clicking on "Application Status." For a more detailed update of your application status, you may click on "more information." Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. If your email mailbox is full or blocked (SPAM) you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is set up to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.