Fenway Health is seeking a Per Diem Dental Assistant to join our fantastic team of oral health care providers. Our Dental Department is highly collaborative, team-oriented, and built on a passion for providing high-quality dental care to patients. Our Dental Assistants are a critical part of this team, ensuring that our patients receive compassionate and high-quality care.
As a Dental Assistant with Fenway Health you will:
- Assist patients in resolving minor difficulties, answering questions, and giving directions
- Prepare operatory for patient treatment and serve as dentist's or dental hygienist's chair-side assistant
- Perform independent procedures as delegated and directed by the dentist in accordance with state regulation and law and Dental Department directive and protocol
- Maintain dental equipment, including sterilization of instruments and work areas, and maintaining inventory.
- Perform lab work including custom trays and whitening trays
- Perform clerical functions to maintain patient charts and schedule treatments
- Perform other related job duties as required
- Supportive environment, cultural diversity, enthusiastic team members, excellent benefits. Fenway Health Dental was my "unicorn" office. I compare all offices to theirs.
- I love working for Fenway Health because of the commitment we have to offer excellent care to all patients
- Working for Fenway Community Health has given me the opportunity to work directly with my community to make a meaningful impact.
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Current Massachusetts Dental Assisting License
- Current CPR (BLS) certification
- Radiology certification
- Able to work effectively at all levels in collaborative team environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to attend to multiple tasks at the same time and to prioritize assignments and responsibilities to ensure compliance with established deadlines and protocols
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with colleagues, patients, clients and vendors across the spectrum of diversity, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, national origin and immigrant status, religious or spiritual identity, disability (physical, mental, emotional and developmental), veteran status, and/or limited English proficiency.
- Willingness to contribute towards Fenway's efforts in becoming an anti-racist organization and promoting a culture dedicated to ongoing development in service of humility, equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging, where differences are acknowledged and valued.
- Completion of an accredited course in dental assisting
- Knowledge of Epic
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology
- Ability and willingness to learn
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises
- Moderate physical activity Requires handling average-weight objects up to 15-20 pounds, assisting with patients and standing and/or walking for most the day
- Will work with blood or blood-borne pathogens and will require OSHA training
- Work environment involves exposure to potentially dangerous materials and situations that require following extensive safety precautions and may include the use of protective equipment
We offer competitive salaries, and for those who qualify, an excellent benefits package; including comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, and a retirement plan with employer match. We also provide 12 paid holidays, paid vacation, and more.
LGBTQIA+ identified persons, Black, Indigenous, and other people of color (BIPOC), and individuals from other historically underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply
$26 per hour