Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world's leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of core company values. As a result, our business growth is impressive and consistent. Best of all, our team members share in the success resulting from that growth.
The Division Quality Manager provides leadership and management for the Quality function to sustain the Quality philosophy and lean culture for the division. Establish, maintain and optimize an effective quality management system. Create and implement a quality plan to achieve the levels of quality established through organizational goals, customer expectations, related stakeholders and market competition. Enhance and improve the Division's products and services through the implementation of ISO 9001, problem-solving tools, prevention methods, quality-at-the-source and continual improvement techniques. Management Representative for Quality Systems.
Reports to the Division General Manager. As management's representative for Quality, manages department resources and coordinates the implementation of the Quality Management System between business units and locations to cost-effectively facilitate quality and compliance. Interacts routinely with all Division functional areas, as well as with customers, field sales, regulatory agencies, group/corporate management, and suppliers.
- Communicates customer, regulatory and organizational requirements to assure product quality, contract compliance and customer satisfaction.
- Oversees the effective documentation and implementation of the quality management system to assure compliance with customer and regulatory requirements and the standards set by corporate/division policies.
- Works with Division leadership to ensure that individuals performing functions affecting quality are trained and demonstrate the appropriate skills and performance results.
- Coordinates necessary Division personnel for internal, customer and third-party quality system audits.
- Maintains a corrective action system to analyze and correct nonconforming conditions and complaints.
- Implements the performance measurements necessary to effectively evaluate organizational performance and trends in product quality, services, customer satisfaction and the cost of poor quality. Uses the results of performance evaluation to target improvement efforts.
- Collaborates with Purchasing on the development and implementation of a supplier management strategy.
- Assess supplier capabilities and monitor supplier quality to ensure desired levels of performance.
- Ten or more years of major professional accomplishments including increasing responsibility and leadership of projects and teams of considerable size, scope and complexity for seven or more years. Demonstrated ability to perform the described role and responsibilities and obtain the desired results.
- Knowledge of the product(s) and manufacturing operations that would typically be obtained through a Bachelor degree (required) in a manufacturing-related field, business or engineering, and progressive career experience. An M.B.A., an advanced technical degree, or professional designation may be preferred.
- Demonstrated teamwork and team building skills in producing results and meeting organizational objectives. Capable of assessing and developing individual and team skills and capabilities. Able to create and maintain enthusiasm for new and challenging goals. Serve as a role model by promoting new ideas and positive change.
- Current knowledge of the latest manufacturing technology, productivity and quality measurements, and material/planning systems requiring continual review of methods to optimize productivity.
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.