Loan Operations Specialist
Process loan collateral releases related to paid loans; sale of collateral; loan modifications; renewals, extensions, and settlements. Provide subject matter expertise in response to questions and concerns on loan matters. Process loan payments, paydowns and payoffs, research, and customer follow-up via phone and email for internal and external customers. Support all Loan Operations functions.
Receives and prepares payoff and refinance letter requests, delivers payoff, completes any required follow up with customers, processes and completes payoff package with supporting documentation. Requestors include customers, staff or outside agencies with customer authorization.
- Monitors receipt of payoffs, pay downs, and other documentation related to loan.
- Uses FIS to perform maintenance of loan records as changes occur. Documents all loan activity/customer interactions using "Notepad" within FIS. Upload transactional documents and customer correspondence into the customer file following departmental policies and procedures.
- Addresses questions and inquiries regarding payments, paid and paydown loans. Escalates and/or redirect problems as needed.
- Delivers professional, high quality personalized service over the telephone to customers and staff on loan inquiries. Responds to internal and external customer inquiries regarding account questions, research and complaints related to loans. Ask probing questions to understand customer's needs, analyze, and identify the source of the issue, and provide first contact resolution.
- Point of contact for the team and provides follow up. Forwards inquiries to the appropriate department who will communicate directly with the client or provide a resolution or response for the Loan Operations team member to follow up.
- Assist, as needed, with insurance tracking and force placement process. Back-up to the Documentation Coordinator.
- Attends seminars related to loan regulations, requirements, and changes in recording standards.
- Supports lending staff with loan related issues and research requests.
- Solicits customer feedback and identifies problem trends for improvement actions. Reports findings to management and provides recommendations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Five years servicing and customer service experience in a loan administration department or title company.
- Previous compliance training from which was attained an understanding of the laws and regulations affecting loan accounts and operations.
- Previous experience or a strong working knowledge of the FIS loan servicing system.
- General knowledge of property and liability insurance as related to loan collateral.
- Excellent customer service skills with a high level of customer focus and motivation.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Team player able to work effectively in a team fostered, multi-tasking environment.
- Knowledge of MS Office and MS Outlook.
Background & EEO Statement
Working at The Bancorp Bank, N.A. and Benefits Information: click here
Diversity & Background Screening
Diversity & Inclusion at The Bancorp Bank: click here
The Bancorp Bank, N.A. is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or other protected category with respect to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Employment with The Bancorp Bank, N.A. includes successfully passing a background check including credit, criminal, education, employment, OFAC, and social media background history.