DepartmentStudent Health Center
Salary for Announcement
The minimum of the pay range for this position is $54,900. We anticipate the qualified candidate to be placed between $54,900 - $68,650. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
This position exists to provide the Health Center at Auraria with Marketing expertise and serve as an educational resource for community outreach. This multi-dimensional Education and Outreach Program Manager position is responsible for a multitude of educational services within the the Health Center at Auraria.
This multi-dimensional Education and Outreach Program Manager position is responsible for a multitude of educational services within the the Health Center at Auraria.
Health Center at Auraria:
- tabling events,
- oversight of Health Center a Auraria social media
- Tri-institutional programming needs for students, faculty and staff atMSUDenver, CU Denver,CCDandAHEC,
- Health promotion initiatives, strategies and activities,
- Healthy Pursuits program oversight and leadership for all associated components,
- Collaborative programming with Campus Recreation, including space allocation for Healthy Pursuits,
- Community relations with external contacts,
Specialized program development
- Provision of non-clinical services for smoking cessation and
- Preventive health strategy development, including mental health.
Additional duties include:
- Serves as an outreach liaison with the campus community collaborating with various campus departments and student groups;
- Creates robust outreach programs, screening events, activities, tabling and services, raising awareness and de-stigmatization of mental health services and issues, as well as the promotion of general health education through engagement of the campus community;
- Assists the Health Center at Auraria,MSUDenver's Counseling Center and the Dean of Student's Office with specific requests for marketing, health promotion, educational workshops, groups and a variety of initiatives as developed according to the mission and goals of these departments;
- DevelopsCAREteam awareness strategies and support as requested;
- Develops communication initiatives as needed to inform students and the campus community of important details;
- Collaborates with other off-campus services and programs developing community referral resources;
- Event logistics, including planning, preparation, implementation and assessment;
- Assist the Health Center's Assistant Director for Education Services as requested on various projects and outreach activities;
- Develops health promotion strategies that complement the goals of the University and the departments served by this position;
- Participates on committees when assigned;
- Provides student staff assistance/guidance in collaboration with the Assistant Director for Educational Services;
- Remains current in knowledge of the latest developments/trends in mental health and health education, including evidence based best practices and the use of validated assessment tools/strategies;
- Use of technology to assist with achieving the goals associated with this position;
- Maintaining inventory of printed material and other outreach/education supplies
- Demonstrates sensitivity and cultural competencies in all interactions
- Bachelor's degree is required in Marketing, Health promotion, Health Education, Health Care Administration, Human Services or related field of study.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional work experience applicable to the position duties providing departmental and program leadership/oversight. Master's degree may substitute for 2 years of experience
Important Note: Successful applicants will ensure their resumes clearly demonstrate that their work experience describes how they meet ALL required qualifications.
- Experience working in a health care setting.
- Experience in higher education setting.
Open Until Filled
Posting RepresentativeCarlos Alcala
Posting Representative Emailcalcala1@msudenver.edu
MSU Denver is pleased to offer our current and potential employees a wide array of benefit options. To learn more, please visit the following link:
Metropolitan State University of Denver is a unique, access-oriented campus community that values diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Our student population consists of nearly 50% first generation students and over 45% students of color. We are a designated Hispanic Serving Institution located in downtown Denver.
We create an equitable learning and working environment in concert with individuals who consistently demonstrate commitment to equity and inclusion. We greatly value the diverse identities and perspectives of our students, faculty, and staff and recognize that in order to achieve a just and equitable society, diversity must go beyond simple representation. It requires critical inquiry and dialogue and a commitment to action. We strive to provide a culture of belonging for all community members to achieve personal and professional success.