Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas' English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann's or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
More than 20,000 associates in bakeries, sales centers, offices and on sales routes work to ensure our consumers have the freshest products at every meal. In addition to competitive pay and benefits, we provide a safe and inclusive work environment that appreciates diversity, promotes development and allows our associates to be their authentic selves.
The Automation Technician is responsible to ensure effective Equipment functioning in highly automated facilities (Equipment), reliability and timely repair of mechanical, electrical & control components by performing maintenance inspections and preventive maintenance tasks in addition to emergency repairs, and other maintenance work of Equipment.
- The Position is focused on performing complex mechanical, electrical & control tasks which includes PLC program interpretation & program manipulation, robotic programming, and troubleshooting, VFDs settings and troubleshooting, work with up to 480VAC circuits and most common utilities assets like chillers, compressors, boilers, among others.
- Automation Technician would develop to feed to a Controls Technician positions.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Execute Preventative Maintenance (PM) program to reduce unplanned downtime.
- Interpret technical information, lead Equipment repairs (troubleshooting of Equipment malfunctions).
- Provides help to operators on Equipment change overs and line startups.
- Performs mechanical and electrical maintenance and repairs on production machinery and facility support Equipment.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Verify part dimensions or clearances to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments
- Implement or test design solutions.
- Provides technical training to maintenance and production associates
- Inspects operates, and tests machinery or Equipment to diagnose machine malfunction.
- Works safely and acts as role model by following company safety policies safety rules, procedures and Lock-out / Tag-out procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), personal safety standards, food safety standards as well as OSHA standards.
- Troubleshoots equipment as well as plant mechanical-electrical & control systems and develop sustainable solutions accordingly.
- Completes assigned work orders within the time allotted. Keeps records of performed work using CMMS, work orders, detailed logs and have good communication skills across all groups/departments.
- Performs appropriately lubrication tasks.
- Controls spare parts usage by properly checking out parts and reordering when needed also performs inventory cycle counts.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement activities and projects.
- Able to grow maintenance and leadership skillset through assigned training.
- Successful completion of all required safety training (LOTO, Forklift, Scissor lift, etc.).
* Industrial control software - Human machine interface HMI software; Motion control software; Supervisory control and data acquisition SCADA software
* Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Materials - Inspecting Equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
* Repairing and Maintaining Electronic Equipment - Servicing, repairing, calibrating, regulating, fine-tuning, or testing machines, devices, and Equipment that operate primarily on the basis of electrical or electronic (not mechanical) principles.
* Controlling Machines and Processes - Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes (not including computers or vehicles).
* Documenting/Recording Information - Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form
* Test performance of electrical, electronic, mechanical, or integrated systems or Equipment.
* Reads and interprets technical manuals and documents to plan maintenance work.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Able to teach & identify, maintain, troubleshoot, and replace electrical motors.
- Able to troubleshoot, maintain, replace and program VFDs.
- Able to teach Mechanical skills.
- Able to teach & troubleshoot, maintain and replace PLC components.
- Able to teach & troubleshoot, maintain and program 6 axis robots.
- Able to identify, teach, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair power transmissions.
- Able to identify, teach, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair conveyors and belting.
- Able to read, teach and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance manuals, procedure manuals and instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Able to work from drawings, schematics, sketches and through verbal communication.
- Experience in a bakery is a plus.
Education and Work History:
- Engineering degree with 2-5 years of experience.
- Able to communicate in English oral & written.
- Flexibility to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and overtime as scheduled
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment on assigned projects/ tasks and report to supervision the status of each as needed.
- Possess basic computer skills to process work orders and associated maintenance documentation.
- Ability to work off ground level with proper safety training and safety Equipment.
- Ability to work in a non-air-conditioned environment.
* Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance. Control Precision - The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine to exact positions.
* Able to develop Maintenance skills through assigned training.
- Able to teach & read and interpret electrical prints, schematics, diagrams, etc.
- Able to teach & troubleshoot and repair electromechanical systems.
- Able to teach Electrical (AC) skills (Up to 480VAC circuits) (Single and 3 phase).
* Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and
* Equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
* Able to teach & maintain, troubleshoot and install all types of bearings.
- Able to teach & troubleshoot, repair and align gearboxes, sprocket/chains, belts, sheaves, clutches, coupling, bearings, and brakes.
- Able to use & teach all power tools, hand tools, drill presses, shop tools, etc.
* Able to identify, teach and use basic measuring tools for mechanical repair (Ex: Calipers, Micrometers).
* Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing that there is a problem.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.