JOB OBJECTIVE: Responsible for leading the Global Instrument Service Teams in North America, EMEA, and Pac Asia to ensure alignment of the service strategy, instrument support and service goals, and team development opportunities. This position will be responsible for overseeing the development and deployment of service documents, processes, training, and tools that support Promega's instrument products globally.
OUR TEAM: The Global Instrument Service team is a group of service engineers, product specialists, and training experts. We provide high-quality lifecycle product support and personalized workflow solutions for our fellow scientists around the world. We support distributors, authorized service providers, and branch-specific service engineers by providing training certification and instrument technical support.
YOUR ROLE: Promega is a global organization with 16 branches and many distributors providing products to over 100 countries. The Instrument Service Team is part of the Global Service and Support Organization, consisting of Technical Service, Scientific Applications, Field Application and Support Scientists, and Technical & Sales Development Training experts around the globe.
Promega has been selling and supporting instruments for over 15 years, primarily through depots around the globe. In 2017, we launched our first instrument that requires field support. This change requires that we continually expand and improve processes such as our trunk stock and CRM processes.
Have you been working in an instrumentation company providing field-based instrument service and support around the globe? Have you led and supported the career growth of an experienced team of engineers, trainer and product support experts? Are you up for living in Madison, WI, often called out as one of the best places to live in the US? If so, this job is for you. You will be leading a team of approximately 20 people with many years of experience providing support for a range of instruments to customers, as well as training & supporting to over 100 engineers globally.
1. Develop and lead the strategy to ensure global alignment of the instrument services, support and services goals, and team development opportunities.
2. Establish an innovative, value-based, global service roadmap for Promega instrumentation, e.g. Maxwell, GloMax, Maxprep, and Spectrum instruments.
3. Responsible for global resourcing of instrument service team members that report into Global Service and Support (GSS), taking into consideration instrument service team members who report directly to our branches, distributors, and authorized service teams.
4. Assign, set expectations, and support instrument service engineers that are part of new product development activities.
5. Drive implementation and improvements to systems that support GSS, such as ERP, CRM, Learning Management, and Field Service systems.
6. Champion and execute instrument service and support practices that support organizational goals and initiatives.
7. Conduct voice-of-customer. Collaborate with commercial teams to evaluate strategic pricing and profit analysis to drive desired service portfolio mix and growth targets and perform regular competitor analysis and service program evaluations. Provide guidance and recommendations to ensure customer needs and sales objectives are being met.
8. Manage the growth and development of the instrument service and support team through coaching, feedback, and holding them accountable to high performance.
9. Provide key input and expertise to commercial team in service value proposition refinement and go-to-market strategies to ensure adoption globally. Build strong and collaborative relationships through effective communication with global cross-functional teams, including General Managers from all branches, and stakeholders within the global commercial teams to provide high quality instrument service and support to our customers.
10. Establish and support strong distributor relationships for instrument service, such as maintaining and improving training strategies for instrument service engineers.
11. Collaborate closely with other leaders in Global Service and Support who lead Scientific Applications (SA), North America Technical Service Support (TSS), Field Applications Scientists (FAS), Field Support Scientists (FSS), and Scientific and Sales Development training teams to ensure that the GSS organization presents a unified strategy to the rest of the organization.
12. Demonstrate inclusion through their own words and actions and is accountable for a safe workspace. Acts with kindness, curiosity, and respect for others.
13. Embrace and be open to incorporating Promega's 6 Emotional & Social Intelligence (ESI) core principles in daily work.
14. Understand and complies with ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements applicable to our business.
1. Minimum 10 years instrument service or field instrument service experience.
2. Minimum of 5 years managing an instrument or customer service program within a scientific, medical, or technology-based organization.
3. Experience training service engineers from diverse cultural backgrounds.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with customers and staff via telephone, email, messaging, and in person. Fluent in English. Comfortable with giving presentations and speaking in front of audiences with the ability to think quickly to effectively address questions.
5. Imaginative, inclusive leader that inspires and challenges teams to exceed performance goals.
6. Effective communication, project management, and decision-making skills.
7. Experience working with global development teams.
1. Prior experience in managing and launching service and support products on instruments with integrated software platforms.
2. Clinical or life science laboratory or research background.
3. Knowledgeable in Windows operating systems and designing system architecture.
4. Experience managing a global service team.
1. Ability to use computer programs (Microsoft Office Suite), office tools, equipment.
2. Ability to travel domestically and internationally 25% of the time.
Diversity is important at Promega. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.