The Driver is responsible for delivering products to clients; inspect general condition of vehicle; prepare, load, unload, operate, and clean vehicle including following all safety precautions in accordance with SGWS and Department of Transportation (DOT) guidelines. Review standing orders, develop sales, process payments, and maintain records.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Drive established route to deliver products to assigned locations.
- Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip inspections on vehicle prior to commencing route.
- Always adhere to safe and courteous operation of delivery vehicle.
- Complete all required paperwork daily, including Department of Transportation logbook and driver vehicle inspection report (DVIR).
- Report to work in adherence to company uniform standards (e.g., neat, clean, and properly attired).
- Adhere to all Safety regulations and perform all duties in a safe manner.
- Plan trip logistics and obtain necessary documents to transport goods.
- Load and unloaded cargo make sure safety equipment is being utilized.
- Ensure cargo is secured properly compliant with safety requirements.
- Communicate changes to delivery schedules, delays, arrivals and/or equipment problems as encountered
- Follow/adhere to all traffic laws.
- Maintain vehicle, product, and equipment tidy and in good working order.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (i.e., 4:00a.m. - 6:00a.m. start times), evenings and/or Saturday's; Overtime will be required at times.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Comply with SEKO's C-TPAT Security Profile.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail skills to process large numbers of deliveries.
- Strong communication skills - written, verbal, persuasion, motivation, facilitation of strong working relationships
- Knowledge of other MS Office Suite and/or software applications related to job functions.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, analytical/problem solving, problem management, presentation development, presentation, and communications skills.
- Knowledge with GPS navigation technology.
- Knowledge of delivery area and alternate routes.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/GED and 2-5 years driving experience in a distribution environment.
- Must be Class A or B Driver's License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Must be Department of Transportation (DOT) certified.
- Experience with route delivery/driving.