Reeves Construction Company, the Colas USA subsidiary that operates throughout the states North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida, has been a key partner in the infrastructure growth of the Southeast since the company's founding in 1955. Reeves is a complete heavy civil highway and site development construction company dedicated to meet the specific needs of the roadway, airport, bridge, and military market. Reeves prides itself for its high company standards of safety, ethics, and performance. To learn more about Reeves visit .
Throughout Colas USA, we provide competitive pay, outstanding benefits, career advancement opportunities, professional education, and extensive training for every employee. We pride ourselves on upholding the highest standards of safety, environmental conservation, and ethical conduct as we strive to grow our infrastructure products and services through empowering and developing our people, fostering innovation, utilizing new technology, and maximizing vertical integration at all levels of the company's value chain. To learn more about the Colas USA Family of Companies, please visit .
Reeves, and the rest of the Colas USA Family of Companies, is part of the Colas Group, the worldwide leader in transportation infrastructure construction and maintenance. For information on our international network visit .
We are seeking an individual for the position of Asphalt Distributor Truck Driver in Macon, GA. The successful candidate for this role will have an uncompromising focus on safety excellence.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Including, but not limited to:
- The ability to operate the tack truck.
- The ability to help the crew with shoveling and other task (when tack truck is not in use).
- The willingness and ability to keep truck maintained and clean.
- Heat tank prior to starting of work.
- Shoot tack on road within specifications.
- Set string line on edges of road if needed.
- The willingness to work nights and weekends (if needed).
- The ability to drive in a safe and consistent manner.
- Previous experience (preferred).
- Valid Class A or B CDL (Tanker Endorsement) and good driving record.
- Must adhere to all Department of Transportation (DOT) and Reeves Construction Company safety regulations.
- High school education, GED or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working in and around construction equipment.
- One or more years' experience in similar field.
- Must be able to life 45 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to climb onto and up and down a machine several times a day.
- Must be able to sit in a machine and operate it for several hours without stopping.
- Must withstand vibration from job site conditions as well as noise from other equipment.
- Must be able to use arms, hands, and feet in repetitive motions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach and signal with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employees must have 20/40 vision, either naturally or with corrective lenses. Hearing should be excellent or corrected by audio device.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Benefits & Compensation
Competitive pay & comprehensive benefits include paid holidays, vacation, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment insurance, group health plan options (incl. medical, dental & vision, HSA, FSA), short term disability benefits & 401(k)/401(k) Roth w/company match.
**This Organization Participates in E-Verify**
Colas Inc. and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer. For details on the specifics of this commitment, please click here to view the.If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to:
- to meet the requirements of the role in which you are applying
- complete any part of the application process
- access or use the online application process and need an alternative method for applying
Please contact Colas Inc. at 973-290-9082 or send an email to.