We are Farmers!
We are... more than just your favorite commercials. We are a passionate, award winning, equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce. We are dedicated to supporting the well-being of our people through our extensive suite of benefits, as well as the well-being of the communities we serve through employee volunteer programs and nonprofit partnerships. Helping others in their time of need isn't just our business - it's our culture! We are Farmers!
Do you thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy the challenge of a position where no two days are alike? We are looking for positive, high-energy professionals who are not just looking for a job, but a meaningful career!
Who We Are
As an Accounting Analyst, you play a crucial role in the department. You will be part of a team that contributes to the financial close process and provide valuable financial reports and variance analysis to key stakeholders. This is an excellent opportunity to support the Accounting team while further developing your skills and displaying your accounting knowledge.
What You'll Do
- Prepare monthly variance analysis and validate monthly data.
- Assist in preparation of monthly key performance indicator metrics reports.
- Monitor expenses for the function: identify material variations from plan and determine underlying business reasons driving these deviations.
- Validates invoices against agreed upon contracts; processes payment upon validation.
- Ensures that all month-end activities are completed in a timely manner, including journal entries, reclasses, and accruals.
- Develop annual budget for assigned departments; conduct deviation analysis and work with departmental representatives to resolve differences; make sure schedule is adhered to.
- Perform monthly consolidation for consolidated financial statement
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial statements and perform deviation analysis.
- Assists in conducting financial reviews of vendors and capital appropriation projects.
- Participates in process improvement projects.
- Track special projects and initiatives.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports, analysis and conduct special projects as necessary.
- Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with an emphasis in accounting
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of prior Accounting/Finance experience
- Ideal candidate will have Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Self-starter and quick learner
- Team player and effective collaborator
- Meticulous with an unrelenting attention to detail
- Exception analytical skills and inquisitive mind
- Flexible and adaptable to change in a fast paced environment
- Effective communication skills
- Customer centric and trustworthy
What We Offer
- Opportunity to join a team of over 450 Finance and Accounting professionals nationwide.
- Opportunities for advancement for proactive, driven and knowledgeable individuals who want to expand into leadership roles.
- Farmers offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, qualifications and location.
o CA Only: $64,480 - $92,700
o CO Only: $60,080 - $80,100
o New York City, NY/Westchester County: $74,160 - $92,700
o WA Only: $65,478 - $107,250
- Bonus Opportunity (based on Company and Individual Performance)
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Assistance
- For more information, review "What we offer" on
Job Location(s): US - CA - Remote, US - AZ - Remote, US - NM - Remote, US - NV - Remote, US - OR - Remote, US - UT - Remote, US - WA - Remote
Want to learn more about our culture & opportunities?Check outand be sure to follow us on,, and.