Our Enterprise is motivated by our customers and employees. That's why we provide more than just a job - we provide opportunity. If you are in search of a new challenge and ready for what's next, you're in the right place. Every new job opportunity is a journey that starts with a single step. Start your new journey by reviewing and applying for new job opportunities you are interested in!
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic work location.
Homesite is looking for you! Join our dynamic IT team as a Sr. Database Administrator where you will focus on providing DataOps governance and Database Administration to all on-perm and cloud-based databases. For this role, you will have experience with MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, AWS cloud technologies and be open to working in an on-call environment. You will report directly to the Director of Architect Technology.
- Four or more years of experience as a Microsoft SQL Server database administrator with significant SQL Server 2014/2016/2019/2022 production experience
- Two or more years of experience in MySQL, PostgreSQL and AWS Cloud Technologies (Aurora MySQL 5.7 and 8.0, PostgreSQL latest versions)
- Knowledge of high availability architecture including clustering, data replication to a multisite setup, transaction log shipping, database mirroring, replication, Always On
- MySQL Replication, Global Database setup in AWS
- Multi-node/multi-instance clusters
- SQL encryption technologies, PowerShell, DRaaS/cloud, third-party monitoring tools
- Hands on knowledge with Microsoft SQL Server Business Intelligence offering of products -Analysis Services, Reporting Services and Integration Services
- Experience with logical and physical database design
- Solid experience with Performance Monitor, DMV's, Profiler and other tools to find areas that need tweaking
- Experience with SQL database development and working with developers in web-based environment
- Proficiency in T-SQL to write stored procedures, triggers, and functions.
- Intuitive and analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- A highly self-motivated individual with the ability to work effectively in a collaborative, team-first IT environment
- You will provide technical and operational database administration for MS SQL Server, Aurora MySQL\PostgreSQL in Dev, Test and Production environments.
- You can work in a collaborative, team-first IT environment.
- Work with DBA team to develop standards and procedures to ensure optimum performance, scalability and reliability.
- Create scripts and documentation for all aspects of administration including database design, implementation, data scrubbing, encryption, disaster recovery, and participate in disaster recovery process
- Perform system optimization and improvement planning, including SQL Server database performance monitoring and analysis, code reviews, capacity planning, system sizing and ongoing maintenance and tuning to ensure maximum performance
- Support multiple servers and multiple databases of high complexity with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity and accessibility of the data; including availability monitoring, security, general database maintenance, extract- transformation-load, backup/recovery, documentation, and configuration
- Evaluate and interpret requirements to develop and implement appropriate technical solutions
- Support of large databases, including, but not limited to, availability monitoring, security, general database maintenance, extract- transformation-load, backup/recovery, documentation, and configuration
- Use Performance Monitor, DMV's, Profiler, Execution Plan analysis and other tools to find areas & code that need tweaking, logical and physical database design.
We provide benefits that support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, 9 paid holidays and a paid time off program (23 days accrued annually for full-time employees). In addition, our student loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent workers are not eligible for American Family Insurance Group benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws pertaining to non-discrimination, non-harassment and equal opportunity. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.