RGA's culture stresses high performance and collaboration, and the company hires the smartest people in the industry. And, the smart people they hire are not just number crunchers. RGA values creativity and curiosity. RGA also values humility, and its employees work together without ego to bring value to RGA while revolutionizing the life and health insurance space.
The Investment Accounting Analyst - Reporting, as part of the financial reporting team analyzes investment data and reports to ensure financial results and analytics are accurate. This role also performs the reporting functions of investments, which include analysis of investment data, internal management reporting and preparation of investment disclosures, and works on special projects as needed.
- Prepares and reviews reporting disclosures, with primary emphasis on IFRS disclosures. Navigates through substantial quantities of data, reports and statements to detect errors and gather financial information for reporting.
- Evaluates accounting implications and relevant accounting guidance for new investment strategies, including researching and documenting accounting policies for investments
- Performs detailed analysis of investment data and reports; provides solutions to resolve issues.
- Gathers information to accurately understand and summarize issues, evaluates risk and challenges, works collaboratively to propose recommendations and works to implement approved changes.
- Performs accounting functions and maintains and prepares month-end, quarter-end and annual reports for assigned asset and investment accounting areas, including ad hoc requests as needed
- Ensures compliance with IFRS guidelines.
- Coordinates and summarizes investment information for internal and external examiners
- Works within Investment Accounting and with other functional areas to achieve efficient and effective accounting and reporting practices and procedures.
- Responds to requests from other functional areas on various inquiries
- 5+ years accounting or finance experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent related work experience
- Master's Degree or CPA
- Intermediate knowledge of investments and investment accounting
- Public accounting experience
- Intermediate experience with GAAP accounting
- Insurance/Reinsurance financial reporting experience
- Progress towards FLMI or CFA Charter
- Produces results - action-oriented and high energy with the ability to quickly adapt to new methods
- Can work under tight deadlines and high-pressure conditions
- Advanced ability to set goals and handle multiple tasks, clients, and projects simultaneously
- Ability to appropriately balance priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Advanced level of investigative, analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Ability to be flexible when needed, take initiative, and demonstrate accountability.
- Ability to work well within a team environment and participate in department/team projects
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting/finance theory and application and financial reporting
- Intermediate oral and written communication skills demonstrating ability to share and impart knowledge
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and advanced Excel skills
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is one of the largest global providers of life reinsurance, with offices around the world. RGA delivers expert solutions in individual life reinsurance, individual living benefits reinsurance, group reinsurance, financial solutions, facultative underwriting and product development. Our mission is to enhance our clients' prosperity by supporting their financial and risk management capabilities.
State of Colorado: This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $72,340-94,100 per year. Base pay varies depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and market location.