Brevard NC Yard - 1242 Ecusta Road (28712), 1242 Ecusta Road, Brevard, North Carolina, United States of America
Monday, March 6, 2023
Responsible for loading, transporting and delivering materials to customer sites. Adheres to driver safety/compliance regulations, delivers un-damaged goods on schedule, and provides professional service to customers. Drive CMV vehicles weighing less than 26,000 pounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Loads and appropriately secures product, materials or supplies inside delivery vehicle.
- Delivers customer orders to specified delivery site and unloads materials safely and accurately. Takes all precautions to protect the product and the customer's property.
- Verifies order details and maintains logs of delivery duties including amounts and/or weights of items, mileage and locations of deliveries. Checks items against invoice to ensure order accuracy.
- Acts as a customer service liaison between the company and the site customer. Handles customer concerns and helps to resolve issues as they arise.
- Maintains the cleanliness and appearance of delivery vehicles; performs routine safety checks to ensure vehicles comply with company guidelines.
- Required to use hand held devices, except for while driving, to ensure compliance with DVIR and HOS.
- Maintain hours of service logs and pre/post trip inspection procedures.
- May perform credit/product return pick-ups and related paperwork.
- Operate a Forklift or non-motorized material handling equipment to load and off load materials to designated areas.
- Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or GED, 21+ years old, and valid driver's license. Previous delivery experience, preferably with building materials and delivery equipment is desirable.
- Valid driver's license
- Pass MVR report
- Obtain a DOT medical card
- Basic math & measurement skills
- Ability to read and speak the English language
Relationship Building: Builds working relationships and seeks to resolve issues constructively.
Teamwork: Knows and supports teammates' work and deliverables. Encourages team unity through sharing information or expertise.
Customer Focus: Listens to, anticipates and responds to customer needs.
Conflict resolution: Helps resolve sensitive disagreements and conflicts.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed within a production environment, subject to temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts, increased noise levels and dust.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds frequently and on occasion may be required to lift and carry, with assistance, up to 200 pounds.
- May be required to perform specific tasks that involve climbing, lifting, pushing or kneeling.
- Must be able to physically operate delivery vehicles (climb up and down into cab, twist torso for 360-degree visibility, use arms to operate controls, etc.).
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214)765-3990 or email:. Please do not send resumes to this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
- Brevard NC Yard - 1242 Ecusta Road (28712), 1242 Ecusta Road, Brevard, North Carolina, United States of America