|# of Openings
|Category (Portal Searching)
|Position Type (Portal Searching)
The Copy Operator will provide exceptional customer service and solutions for client's copy/print needs. Will follow production processes to produce quality, professionally finished products using print and production equipment for cutting, binding and laminating. Will also service and provide basic troubleshooting for copiers and printers.
Review, prioritize and submit print requests from mainframe/mini/server/desktop according to complexity and urgency. Ensure that the output are quality checked and accurately meet the instructions as submitted
- Deliver print jobs within established timeframes; Maintain logs of all work submitted and completed including service logs
- Responsible for minor maintenance of reproduction equipment by solving paper jams; placing services calls and conduct routine cleaning
- Take meter reading of each duplicating machine on a daily basis. Monitor inventory of print supplies, stock paper and toners
- Inform clients of estimated completion time, when unclear of instructions, when there is a delay in service or when a specific service cannot be provided. Work with client to resolve complaint to client's satisfaction
- Help to open and close the print center; Assist in keeping the center neat and professional looking
- Where high speed, high volume digital publishing printers are used, using printer software, make adjustments to image quality, create folders and directories for print on demand orders; There may be special request by client for specialized type of printing e.g. large paper printing, poster copying, manual/handbook sized printing
- Prepare monthly production and volume reports in order to measure productivity and prepare billing charges
May possibly perform any of the following functions at the direction of the Site Manager:
- Send, receive and deliver faxes
- May be requested to perform document scanning
- Prepare mail/packages for shipping orders
- Provide light housekeeping such as making coffee and keeping conference rooms orderly
- Due to changing technology in office automation, will be required to learn new features and functionalities of duplicating machines, faxes and scanners as introduced at the site
- May perform some mailroom responsibilities and other duties as directed by Site Manager or Assistant Site Manager
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- 1-5 years experience working directly in a print center
- Some familiarity with the general job functions, and minimal understanding of the detailed aspects of the job
- Knowledge of machine operations from low to high volume high speed duplicating equipment
- Proficiency in the use of a variety of reproduction-related equipment & systems (fax, scanner, punches, staplers, inserters, folders, paper cutters, spiral-binding, velo-binders, stitcher and collaters, counters
- Close supervision involving detailed instructions and constant checking on work performance
- Excellent customer service, professional attitude and appearance is a must
- Ability to work overtime & meet deadlines
- Ability to follow directives and handle physical demands
- Possess strong communication skills
- Physical activity required including frequent bending, reaching, lifting and standing in stacking print output into boxes or containers
- May lift and/or move up to 50 lb
What We Offer:
Competitive pay & benefits!
Comprehensive training and development programs that prepare employees to advance from within.
A company focused on creating a positive work and client environment.
Employee discounts on entertainment, products, and services nationwide!
Come Join Our Team!
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? We look forward to connecting with you in the future! By joining our Talent Network, you can receive job alerts for new positions that match your skills and experience sent straight to your inbox.