Job posting has expiredBack to search results
Accounting Analyst (Payroll)
| Pemex Deer Park|
|paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits|
United States, Texas, Deer Park
|March 10, 2023|
Accounting Analyst (Payroll)
Pemex Deer Park is a highly complex refinery located 18 miles east of Houston in Deer Park, TX, and is a part of the Pemex group which is a fully integrated oil company in the Americas, working across the entire value chain: exploration, production, industrial processing/refining, logistics, and marketing. Pemex Deer Park provides a diverse and inclusive work environment that employs approximately 1000 employees with another 1000 contractors on site. The refinery’s rated capacity is 340,000 barrels per day and has the feed flexibility to process multiple grades of crudes to produce the high-quality transportation fuels the world needs. The Pemex site is co-located with other 3rd party chemical facilities allowing for further integration and optimization of the refinery and its products. We set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors and offer to challenge and fulfilling job opportunities in several fields. We take great pride in our ability to ensure the health and safety of our workers and the environment while being a good neighbor and having a positive impact on the local community where we work.
As the Accounting Analyst (Payroll), you will provide payroll support for 1000 team members on a semi-monthly and bi-weekly pay schedule.
To be successful, you should have:
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance
· 5+ years’ experience
· Strong knowledge and use of Microsoft Suite
· SAP and Payroll experience preferred
· Problem-solving mindset, bringing analytics and insights to the table
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Continuous improvement mindset
Your responsibilities as the Accounting Analyst (Payroll) will include: · Accountable for all finance/accounting of Pay and Benefits for ~930-1000 employees, staff, and hourly
· Manage vacation, bonus, and hourly accruals
· Manage payment requests as it relates to Pay/Benefits
· Ensure accurate reporting and timely funding of Qualified/Non-Qualified 401K plans, maintaining compliance with ERISA (Employee Retirement Income Security ACT)
· Conduct reconciliations of 401K employee and employer contributions after the payroll cycle ends
· Accountable for Pay/Benefits balance sheet reconciliations ensuring variances are fully understood as support to the business
· Maintain a strong business control framework as it relates to Pay/Benefits
· Collaborate with internal/external stakeholders with the ability to implement changes/new processes for Pay/Benefits
· Part of the Deer Park finance pool to allow opportunities to support projects, allocated based on development needs and workload.
· Ensure that Finance risks are integrated into the full value and risk discussion supporting the business decision-making for the specific opportunity involved
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, and vision benefits, and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Our client is an equal-opportunity employer who welcomes and encourages workplace diversity. Our client does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.