Reeves Construction Company, the Colas USA subsidiary that operates throughout the states North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Florida, has been a key partner in the infrastructure growth of the Southeast since the company's founding in 1955. Reeves is a complete heavy civil highway and site development construction company dedicated to meet the specific needs of the roadway, airport, bridge, and military market. Reeves prides itself for its high company standards of safety, ethics, and performance. To learn more about Reeves visit .
Throughout Colas USA, we provide competitive pay, outstanding benefits, career advancement opportunities, professional education, and extensive training for every employee. We pride ourselves on upholding the highest standards of safety, environmental conservation, and ethical conduct as we strive to grow our infrastructure products and services through empowering and developing our people, fostering innovation, utilizing new technology, and maximizing vertical integration at all levels of the company's value chain. To learn more about the Colas USA Family of Companies, please visit .
Reeves, and the rest of the Colas USA Family of Companies, is part of the Colas Group, the worldwide leader in transportation infrastructure construction and maintenance. For information on our international network visit .
(Include, but are not limited to the following)
- Must have a basic knowledge of the mechanics and hydraulics of the machine.
- Must have skills to conduct an inspection checklist on equipment such as tracks, lights, brakes, fuel, oil and water.
- Must keep equipment serviced, lubricated, and in good working order, including good housekeeping.
- Must have an understanding of control levers for movement of bucket.
- Must have a priority for safety and welfare of workers in the trench during pipelaying operations.
- Must have a basic knowledge of the different soil types.
- Must have the ability to operate the vehicle safely in job site situations and follow the policies and procedures of the company.
Required Qualifications, Education and Competencies
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combinations of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to climb onto and up and down a machine several times a day.
- Must be able to sit in a machine and operate it for several hours without stopping.
- Must withstand vibration from track and job site conditions as well as noise from other equipment.
- Must be able to use arms, hands, and feet in repetitive motions.
- Must be able to perform manual duties, such as placing paint drums on the vehicle.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach and signal with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Employees must have 20/40 vision, either naturally or with corrective lenses. Hearing should be excellent or corrected by audio device.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
Benefits & General Information
Competitive pay & comprehensive benefits include paid holidays, vacation, life insurance, accidental death & dismemberment insurance, group health plan options (incl. medical, dental & vision, HSA, FSA), short term disability benefits & 401(k)/401(k) Roth w/company match.
**This Organization Participates in E-Verify**
Colas Inc. and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer. For details on the specifics of this commitment, please click here to view the.If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to:
- to meet the requirements of the role in which you are applying
- complete any part of the application process
- access or use the online application process and need an alternative method for applying
Please contact Colas Inc. at 973-290-9082 or send an email to.