Job posting has expiredBack to search results
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
| Eskaton Properties, Inc.|
United States, California, Fair Oaks
11300 Fair Oaks Boulevard (Show on map)
|June 25, 2023|
Certified in 2022 as "A Great Place to Work," Eskaton is a nonprofit senior services provider that has proudly served older adults for over 50 years. With dozens of communities throughout Northern California, Eskaton is a great place to join and build a solid career with. In addition to competitive pay and comprehensive benefits, Eskaton employees have the opportunity to make a real difference in the community and in the lives they touch.
At Eskaton, being inclusive is one of our core values. This means that we celebrate diversity and equity for all who live and work with us, building a culture of belonging and community across the aging spectrum.
The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) provides direct patient care and support activities, which build and maintain an Eskaton Rehab Services Center of Excellence. The COTA assists in the restoration and enhancement of independent function in those individuals whose independent living status has been compromised by illness and/or injury.
The salary for this on-call position is $39.00 on weekdays and $42.00 on weekends.
Position Responsibilities include:
* Provides patient treatments, which meet patient needs, and uses current treatment knowledge in accordance with Eskaton Rehab Services clinical procedures.
* Writes accurate, complete, and clear documentation in accordance with Eskaton Rehab Services, regulatory, licensing, payor, and accrediting requirements.
* Consistently demonstrates Eskaton Rehab Services interdisciplinary approach to patient care.
* Contributes to professional development of self and others.
* Assists in building and maintaining Eskaton Rehab Services' reputation as a Rehab Center of Excellence by contribution as a professional member of staff.
* Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team members regarding patient care.
* Interacts with peer therapists at local acute hospitals and other environments, if appropriate.
Graduate of an AOTA approved Occupational Therapist Assistant program. Associate degree in Occupational Therapy required. Successful completion of certification process/state licensure as required. Current CPR certification preferred. Needs of community may require that COTA have a current state driver's license.
Training and Experience:
One to two years experience preferred in a skilled nursing community rehab environment or equivalent.
Must have an understanding of the principles employed in Occupational Therapy. Must be skilled in Occupational Therapy treatment planning and techniques. Knowledge of medical terminology. Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
The final candidate must successfully pass Eskaton's post offer, pre-employment testing which includes a criminal background check, drug test, COVID test, TB screen test and health screen.
Eskaton is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Licenses & Certifications
Cert Occup Therapist Asst (required)