If you are a Jazz employee please apply via the Internal Career site
Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc (NASDAQ: JAZZ) is a global biopharmaceutical company whose purpose is to innovate to transform the lives of patients and their families. We are dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with serious diseases - often with limited or no therapeutic options. We have a diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product candidates, from early- to late-stage development, in neuroscience and oncology. We actively explore new options for patients including novel compounds, small molecules and biologics, and through cannabinoid science and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the globe, serving patients in nearly 75 countries. For more information, please visit www.jazzpharmaceuticals.com and follow @JazzPharma on Twitter.
Sr. Manager, Hematology Clinical Training & Development
The Senior Manager, Hematology Clinical Training & Development will be responsible for partnering cross-functionally with Training & Development colleagues and Oncology Business Unit Leadership to develop and execute the RYLAZE, VYXEOS and DEFITELIO clinical training strategy and tactics for our field teams.This individual will report directly to the Director, Oncology and Market Access Training & Development.
- Exhibits exceptional degree of understanding of the clinical applications and benefits of RYLAZE, VYXEOS and DEFITELIO. Viewed as a clinical expert internally and in the field.
- Ability to travel, up to 40%, is expected for field activity, POA meetings, and conferences, training classes and meetings at Jazz Pharmaceuticals US offices (Palo Alto, Carlsbad & Philadelphia) to facilitate training classes & attend department meetings
- Designs and implements annual Clinical Training & Development strategy, goals and objectives to deepen the clinical acumen of our field teams - aligned to Brand Strategy and identified Business Unit needs.
- Determines the most effective approaches to meet the product and clinical acumen learning needs of the business including on-boarding, reinforcement and sustainability training.
- Applies advanced instructional design principles and the adult learning model to enhance content delivery.
- Leverages and shares best practices from the past and new principles and concepts across all brands/products.
- Performs detailed needs assessments (gap analysis) in coordination with Sales Leadership, US Training & Development, Marketing, and other Business Operations teams.Including field rides as needed to understand and support the needs of the business.
- Translates business needs into clinical training products/programs. Consistently enhances and updates the current training programs and products.
- Prepares and/or oversees the development of clinical training products and programs such as classes, workshops, learning modules, poster books, and other job aids and materials for distribution to sales training customers and program participants with minimal supervision and guidance, including routing all materials through the med/legal/regulatory review process.
- Facilitates Onboarding/Core, and Advanced training classes - highly skilled at both in-person and virtual group facilitation and group learning exercises.
- In collaboration with the Training & Development team's Instructional Designer, designs and implements metrics to measure clinical training impact, effectiveness, appropriateness, and utility. Proven ability to flex training initiatives base on metrics.
- With general direction, proactively identifies, effectively filters and distributes relevant educational resources (i.e. clinical papers) while remaining conscientious of legal and regulatory parameters.
- Often initiates collaborationwith cross-functional partners (including Sales, Marketing, Market Access, Regulatory, Medical and Compliance) to ensure consistency, avoid redundancy, andenhance training programs.
- Displays leadership within the organization and/or has a record of accomplishment of proven leadership.
- Serves as a consultant to Business Unit leadership in long range planning, brand planning, launches and other training programs and products.
- Successfully manages vendor projects and on-going vendor relationships.
- Successfully manages product budget, including forecasting future needs.
- Models compliance through all activities and interactions
- BA/BS degree with a concentration in Science, Education, Business, or Marketing
- 10+ years' specialty pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience, preferably successful sales performance or marketing experience
- 2 or more years of relevant sales training experience with a successful record of delivering quality and innovative training solutions in an adult learning environment
- 3 or more years of relevant hematology experience
- Understands field based and internal employee job responsibilities
- Experience writing and developing training programs and materials
- Vendor and contract negotiation skills
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 10+ years' specialty pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience, preferably successful sales performance, training or marketing experience
- Training or teaching related experience preferred, including knowledge of adult learning principles and experience with distance learning and learning management systems.
- Prior clinical experience (e.g., Nursing, Pharmacy, NP, PA-C, etc.) in hematology setting is highly preferred
- Hematology experience highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Jazz Pharmaceuticals product(s) and/or their application(s) in the respective disease state is strongly preferred.
- Experience in collaborative working environments.
- Experience working with adult learning principles in the delivery of clinical acumen programs.
- Previous sales training experience preferred.
- Competence in following areas: Needs Assessment, Facilitation, Prioritization, Decision Making, Collaboration, Virtual Delivery, Planning & Organizing, Implementation/Follow-up, Written and Verbal Communication.
- Ability to travel as needed, usually within the US. During certain intervals, travel may be significant.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Nursing, Pharmacy, Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant or other clinical degree preferred
- Advanced degree preferred
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment.
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time.
- Constantly operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Work indoors in normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer use at workstation.
- May move from one work location to another occasionally.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of "normal" work hours, in order to meet business demands.
Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
FOR US-BASED CANDIDATES ONLY
Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices and we strive to provide employees with total compensation packages that are market competitive. For this role, the anticipated base pay range is $144,000-$189,000. The exact base pay offered for this role will depend on various factors, including but not limited to the candidate's qualifications, skills, and experience.
At Jazz, your base pay is only one part of your total compensation package. The successful candidate may also be eligible for a discretionary annual cash bonus or incentive compensation (depending on the role), in accordance with the terms of the Company's Global Cash Bonus Plan or Incentive Compensation Plan, as well as discretionary equity grants in accordance with Jazz's Long Term Equity Incentive Plan.
The successful candidate will also be eligible to participate in various benefits offerings, including, but not limited to, medical, dental and vision insurance, 401k retirement savings plan, and flexible paid vacation. For more information on our Benefits offerings please click here: