Drives vehicles such as automobiles, vans, buses, panel or pick-up trucks and other 2 to 6 ton trucks and performs laboring tasks.
- Drives vans, buses, panel and pick-up trucks and other 2 to 6 ton trucks for the pick-up, delivery or hauling of personnel, materials, supplies, equipment, food, mail or payroll.
- Operates forklifts, power-jacks, truck-mounted compressors, wood chippers and farm-type tractors with attachments such as mowers, spreaders and fertilizers.
- Performs laboring tasks on such areas as building grounds or highway maintenance, utility operation or maintenance, trash collection, landfill operation, loading and unloading of vehicles or equipment set-up.
- Drives and operates vehicles equipped with snow plows and salt spreaders.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment.
- May sort and route mail.
- May drive or operate larger vehicles when necessary.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Maryland Class Noncommercial or equivalent out-of-state drivers license with good driving record and not more than 3 points
- Skilled in the safe operation of automobiles, trucks, tractors and other related vehicles
- Evidence of satisfactory or better job performance with good attendance and punctuality
- Knowledge of warehouse operations and inventory control procedures
- Ability to perform automotive preventive maintenance work and laborer tasks
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions
- Ability to safely lift, carry, and move up to 100 pounds or more
Full time or Part time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate and graduate if applicable
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and encourages resumes from bi-lingual or multi-lingual candidates.
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Manager, 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208, Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).
This position is affiliated with Local 44 (L44) bargaining union.