Drives vehicles such as automobiles, vans, busses, panel or pick-up trucks and other 1-1/2-to-6- ton trucks and performs laboring tasks. Task may vary based on department.
- Drives automobiles, vans, buses, panel and pick-up trucks and other 1-1/2-to-6-ton trucks for pickup, delivery or hauling of personnel, materials, supplies, equipment, food, earth, trash, or mail.
- Operates forklifts, truck-mounted compressors, woodchippers and farm-type tractors with attachments such as mowers, spreaders, and fertilizers.
- Performs laboring tasks in areas such as buildings, grounds or highway maintenance, utility operation or maintenance, trash collection, landfill operations, loading and unloading of vehicles or equipment set-ups.
- May be required to drive and maintain other transportation vehicles for the safe transportation of students and various materials.
- Drives and operates vehicles equipped with snowplows and salt spreaders.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school boards policies and the professional standards.
- May sort and route mail.
- May drive or operate larger vehicles when necessary.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Maryland Class C, A or B Commercial driver's license or an equivalent out-of-state driver's license.
- Skilled in the safe operation of automobiles, trucks, tractors, and other related vehicles.
- Ability to perform preventive maintenance checks.
- Ability to perform laborer tasks.
Full time or Part time
Qualified candidates for the above position must submit the following:
- Completed online application
- Resume that clearly demonstrates the above minimum qualifications. It is important that you include all experiences and education related to the position to which you are applying.
- Upload copies of all transcripts -undergraduate, graduate and all MSDE Certifications
- Must provide three (3) professional references to include: name, title, business address, e-mail address and phone number
- All documentation/certification necessary (scanned copies accepted) to substantiate minimum qualifications; must be uploaded into application
- All documentation must be scanned and uploaded to application
Benefits -- This position is eligible for benefits. To review the available options please see the information relevant to the union for this position by viewing the following link: http://www.baltimorecityschools.org
Baltimore City Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age in its employment, programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts of America and other designated youth groups. For inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies, please contact Equal Opportunity Manager, Title IX Coordinator Equal Employment Opportunity and Title IX Compliance Office 200 E. North Avenue, Room 208 Baltimore, MD 21202; 410-396-8542 (phone); 410-396-2955 (fax).
This position is affiliated with Local 44 (L44) bargaining union.
This position is affiliated with the City Retirement Plan.