Attending Physician - Non-Academic - Anesthesiology
| University of California - Los Angeles Health
United States, California, Los Angeles
|January 28, 2024
Description Under the supervision of the Chair, the Attending Physician is responsible for examination and assessment of surgical, medical, and obstetrical patients in pre-,intra-, and post-operative anesthesia cases. Major duties include the development of anesthesia care plans and administrative of all techniques and types of anesthesia and report to emergency resuscitation efforts. You may be assigned to a combination of 8, 10, or 12 hours shifts, including evening, nights, weekends, and holidays. Work will be assigned to various locations in UCLA Health's satellite clinics.
Individual case or OR assignments are given by the Anesthesiology Clinical Coordinator. The incumbent is expected to work and complete cases independently following State of California and Department approved procedures and guidelines. The Anesthesiology faculty are available for consultation. Work may be reviewed upon request by the Quality Improvement Committee when actions represent a deviation from Departmental standards and approved procedures.
Salary range: $311,628-$372,768 Annual
Qualifications * Valid California Medical License and DEA License
* Board Certification in Anesthesia
* Valid certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
* Demonstrated skill and knowledge in performing physical examinations during pre-, intra-, and post-operative surgical, medical and obstetrical patients
* Ability to identify pre-existing disease entities and their potential impact upon anesthesia care plan and administration, through interpretation of past medical history, physical examination, laboratory tests, ECG and chest x-ray
* Ability to recognize return to consciousness of anesthesia reflexes signaling safe emergence from anesthesia.
* Ability to recognize post-op complications of anesthesia and initiating emergency treatment.