Job posting has expiredBack to search results
United States, Missouri, Fenton
1375 North Highway Drive (Show on map)
|June 03, 2023|
EXCITED TO GROW YOUR CAREER? WE'RE GLAD YOU'RE HERE!
Participates as a project team member to support Meeting Event Housing Specialist by performing tasks around contracted concessions, client assigned rooms, inventory adjustments, hotel interfacing and client communication. Drives, manages and owns the concession process by advising clients of concession availability, usage and deadlines. Works with Meeting Event Housing Specialist and hotels to quality check contracted inventory and concessions. Proofs hotel inventory, rooming lists and client concessions.
Manages housing components of approximately 10-15 programs annually, with room nights counts as high as 100,000 on an annual basis. Responsible for managing client concessions, duplicate reservations, rate monitoring, and master bill reconciliation on programs with complex room requirements. Manages projects which include concession management for up to 90 hotels.
Reporting and Working Relationships
Reports to Manager, Housing Services or Operations Manager. Indirectly reports to Director, Housing. Works closely with Registration, Call Center Services, Project Management, Event Planning, Account Management and internal and external clients and vendors.
OPERATIONS: Understands, reviews and proofs hotel contracts compared to system build of contracts. Sends and follows up on approval of build from hotels prior to website launch. Loads, proofs and reviews new hotels into system. Compares hotel online rates to client contracted rates to ensure rate integrity. Reviews and acts on duplicate and waitlisted reservations. Creates a report of contracted concessions for each program. Advises client on concession availability and usage. Enters client concessions into the reservation system and maintains client changes to concession grid from time of receipt until time of Meeting Event Housing Specialist arrival onsite. Collaborates with project team to meet client expectations and work through challenges. Provide housing support on-site as needed.
CLIENT CONSULTATION: Works with client, Meeting Event Housing Specialist and hotels. Consults with client to advise on maximizing concession usage. Reviews prior year concession usage and gives recommendations to client on over or under utilization.
PROGRAMS AND TOOLS: Participates in team product development. Establishes and maintains knowledge of housing platform, computer programs, best practices and proficiency with all internal systems and tools.
1. Working knowledge (2+ years' experience) within Association and/or Corporate housing, customer service or registration environments
2. Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills. Prior successful experience in developing and maintaining client relationships.
3. Experience/understanding of hotel contracts and hotel room blocks/concessions desired. History of excellent client/participant interaction and strong knowledge of program/event management preferred.
4. Must be able to lead within a team as well as take initiative to offer and seek solutions; demonstrate a commitment to work quality, excellent client service delivery, proactive problem solving, personal development and continuous improvement, including leveraging new tools and technologies
5. Proven organizational skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail required.
6. Ability to handle a heavy workload and multiple demands within time constraints (multiple hotels/multiple projects).
7. Ability to analyze and manipulate data and create custom reports.
8. Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office tools & ability to learn new technology quickly. Proven aptitude for technology and/or software solutions.
DISCLAIMER: This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to confirm or be interpreted as a comprehensive summary of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
Maritz will only employ applicants who have authorization to work permanently in the U.S. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Those who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire. No calls or agencies please.
Maritz is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-636-827-0335 or by sending an email to .