The CN 2 identifies and implements nursing interventions and evaluates results for a wide variety of patient populations, directs and acts as resource to other members of the nursing team as assigned and promotes compliance and support for policies. The primary responsibilities for this position consist of providing total, comprehensive, continuous and patient centered care which includes: assessing, documenting, planning, implementing, teaching, developing, and evaluating a comprehensive nursing plan of care; delivering direct patient care; ensuring patient satisfaction; training and delegating duties; and adhering to University policies and procedures as well as federal, state and local regulations.
Autonomous nursing care is the ability of a nurse to assess and provide nursing actions as appropriate for patient care populations based on competence, professional expertise, and knowledge. The nurse is expected to practice autonomously consistent with ANA Standards of Practice and Professional Performance. Independent judgment is expected to be exercised within the context of interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary approaches to patient care.
Provides direct patient care to a diversified patient population. Applies knowledge, experience and judgment to determine the importance of a situation, set priorities, and use abstract thought to evaluate clinical situations. Participates in patient and staff education. Demonstrates leadership skills. Demonstrates accountability for own practices as defined by the Nurse Practice Act.
Apply By Date: 12/5/23 at 11:59pm
- Minimum three (3) years of recent wound care RN experience in the inpatient, outpatient, or home care setting, caring for patients with both and acute and chronic wound using advanced wound care modalities.
- American Heart Association (AHA) BLS CPR or UCDH-issued CPR Certification
- Valid California Registered Nurse License without restriction
- Wound Care Certification within 2 years from date of hire
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Knowledge of current trends in nursing.
- Commitment to excellence in patient care.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates accountability and professionalism.
- Adapts to change in a positive, professional and productive manner.
- Knowledge of legal implications in clinical practice and documentation.
- Knowledge of performance improvement and evidence-based practice.
- Basic computer skills.
- Applicants are encouraged to upload license and certification if required of the position.
- Wound Care Certified ( WCC)
- Certified Wound Care Nurse (CWCN)
- Certified Foot Care Nurse (CFCN)
- Care Coordination Experience
- Telephone Triage
The Advanced Wound Care Clinic at UC Davis Health optimizes care and treatment for patients with chronic complex wounds.
- Salary or Pay Range: $66.86-$89.97
- Salary Frequency: Hourly
- Payroll Title: CLIN NURSE 2
- Number of Positions: 1
- Appointment Type: Career
- Percentage of Time: 100%
- Shift Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm Monday - Friday
- Location: Ellison Ambulatory Care Center - Sacramento, CA
- Union Representation: NX
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Hybrid/Remote/On-Site: On-Site
Outstanding benefits and perks are among the many rewards of working for the University of California. UC Davis Health offers a full range of benefits, resources and programs to help you bring your best self to work, as well as to help you and your family achieve your health, wellness, financial and career goals. Learn more about the benefits below and eligibility rules by visiting our handy and our
- If you are represented by a union, benefits are negotiated between the University of California (UC) and your union and finalized in a contract. Read your bargaining unit's employment contract, stay abreast of current negotiations and learn about collective bargaining at UC:
- High quality and low-cost medical plans to choose from to fit your family's needs
- UC pays for Dental and Vision insurance premiums for you and your family
- Extensive leave benefits including Maternity, Paternity, Family & Medical Leave
- Paid Holidays annually as stipulated in the UC Davis Health Policies or Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Paid Time Off/Vacation/Sick Time as stipulated in the UC Davis Health Policies or Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Paid time off for professional development as stipulated in the UC Davis Health Policies or Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Continuing Education (CE) allowance and Education Reimbursement Program as stipulated in the UC Davis Health Policies or Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Access to free professional development courses and learning opportunities for personal and professional growth
- Wellness and on-site Employee Assistance Program including access to free mental health services
- Supplemental insurance offered including additional life, disability, short/long term disability, pet insurance and legal coverage
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSFL) Qualified Employer & Student Loan Repayment Assistant for qualified roles
- Retirement benefit options for eligible roles including Pension and other Retirement Saving Plans. More information on our retirement benefits can be found
- UC Davis cares about building a community, which is why we provide resources to enhance as well as (ERGs) to support our staff
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to work overtime, float to other areas and work weekends and holidays.
- Ability to safely lift 25 lbs. and assist in moving patients, and stand on feet over extended periods.
- References reflect an overall meets or exceeds.
- This position is a critical position and subject to a background check and drug screen. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history, identity checks and drug screen.
- As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of California , as may be amended or revised from time to time. Federal, state, or local public health directives may impose additional requirements.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
At UC Davis, we're solving life's most urgent challenges to bring a fuller, healthier, and more resilient world within reach. We grow from every challenge we take on and we don't just maintain - we improve. We recognize that creating an inclusive and intellectually vibrant organization means understanding and valuing both our individual differences and our common ground. The most comprehensive solutions come from the most diverse minds, and you belong here.
As you consider joining UC Davis, please explore our , our and for research and education, and our latest efforts to . The advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Because we want you to be seen, our recruiting process at UC Davis fosters authenticity, diversity, and inclusion. Studies have shown that some people may not apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Each unique role at UC Davis has a set of requirements and you could be perfect for this role, or you could be perfect for the next role! Don't meet all the requirements? We still encourage you to apply! #YouBelongHere