Zaner-Bloser is an educational curricula and digital resources provider in language arts/literacy. Our flexible, customizable solutions support educators in their mission to help students learn. We provide distinctive and effective educational products and services to inspire all students to become lifelong learners and partner with educators to improve results in the classroom. With an ever-growing number of digital technologies and evolving research shaping the education landscape, Zaner-Bloser is committed to meeting schools' needs today and in the future. As a Highlights Company, Zaner-Bloser is driven to always do what's right for children and to strive to make a significant contribution to their education.
The Digital Content Manager is a versatile and experienced content creator who will oversee the development of digital content (videos, audio assets, eBooks, animations and standalone interactives) for Zaner-Bloser digital products. They have high standards for quality and a holistic content background including multimedia and editorial. As part of the digital product development team, they will directly manage the digital content team (video/audio specialists, editors) and collaborate closely with software development teams to turn concepts and requirements into fully-fledged products.
- Lead the planning, production, and delivery of digital content and associated content components, ensuring that it meets all learning and functional requirements.
- Manage and support the daily efforts of the internal digital content team and associated vendors (audio/video production, production editorial, eBook developers, interactive course developers, artists).
- Managing the content QA process, ensure high standards for content quality and accuracy are being communicated to all team members and vendors, and that they are being upheld throughout the project.
- Work closely with the Digital Project Manager to ensure that timelines and changes in priority are communicated and enacted.
- Partner with the Director of Engineering to keep the digital content and digital development teams in sync. Collaborate on innovative ways to improve and support the content-to-development pipeline.
- Collaborate with other teams in product development to ensure digital content pipelines and processes are understood and work efficiently.
- Source digital content vendors, reviewing their work at frequent intervals to ensure quality and consistency.
- Continuously analyze customer feedback and usage data to identify digital content areas in need of improvement.
- Observe ongoing user testing and incorporate feedback to ensure that digital content is customer-centric and effective.
- Stay abreast of best practices in the industry where it pertains to digital content.
- 5-7 years of experience as a Digital Content Manager, Digital Product Manager, or similar role
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop, After Effects, Audition and relevant software within the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience using HTML5 to build interactive courses and activities
- Familiarity with the EPUB standard
- Experience with web accessibility requirements
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proven track record in delivering high quality digital content on time and on budget
Within your first month, you'll:
- Undergo hands-on training of existing digital products and platforms to learn about the features of the software.
- Work with the Sr. Director, Digital Products and Digital Project Manager to learn about product development processes.
- Connect with the Digital Content team to learn about current workflows and areas of focus.
- Begin managing the Digital Content team and associated vendors.
Within your first year, you'll:
- Source and manage vendors for new, large-scale digital projects.
- Create, implement, and uphold quality standards for all digital content projects.
- Uncover and enact efficiencies between the digital content and software development teams.
- Collaborate with other product development teams (Learning Design, Design) to conceptualize new digital content components.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Minimum - Maximum
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location, experience, and equity within the organization.
What Highlights Can Offer You:
- Free Fridays and Meeting-Free Zone
- Parental Leave of Absence
- Growing Family Benefits
- Care & Compassion Benefit
- Highlight Helps
- 401K Match Program, 100% Vested Immediately
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Humana EAP Program
- Calm - Mental Health Fitness
- Volunteer Time Off
If you don't meet every single requirement listed, we encourage you to apply anyway. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. Highlights for Children is committed to build a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace that fuels our innovation. So, if you are drawn to this role and your past experiences do not align perfectly to the job description, submit your application with us!