Salary Details: $76,880 - $96,090/yr. based on experience.
California's Great America is looking for an Entertainment Manager who will report directly to the Director, Park Operations. The Entertainment Manager has an important part in transforming the atmosphere of the park into a dynamic, fun, exciting, and memorable experience for our guests. This individual will be responsible for managing all aspects of the parks performances, events, artists and theatrical shows and festivals presented to our guests at California's Great America. Additionally, he/she will work with all levels of the organization to ensure a smooth operation of events from execution to completion.
How You'll Make A Difference:
- Works closely with Corporate Entertainment team to execute both Tricks & Treats and Winterfest shows, events, and attractions.
- Recruits, auditions/interviews, hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates show performers, musicians, costumed characters, theater technicians, dressers, seamstresses, wardrobe attendants, makeup artists, and performers.
- Prepares labor and expense operating budgets for the department. Monitors expenses on an ongoing basis and takes appropriate corrective action if necessary.
- Works with Corporate Legal to produce contracts for third party entities for all aspects of the department.
- Provides thorough direction to seamstresses/tailors and manufactures to ensure a quality product is presented.
- Works with Corporate Entertainment to ensure all aspects of a show or event are executed appropriately. Additionally, visits each theater/venue to monitor show content and performance quality/integrity along with theater cleanliness and maintenance. Takes appropriate action if needed.
- Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair and specific Park policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all aspects of employment.
- Indepth knowledge and understanding of textiles and of costume design and manufacturing.
We're Looking For:
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with senior management, employees and vendors to accomplish goals and resolve problems.
- Must possess strong attention to detail, time management skill, and driven to meet strict deadlines as applicable.
- Requires knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of personnel and resources.
- Requires the ability to operate standard office equipment and industrial power sewing machines, industrial irons, industrial washers and dryers, other miscellaneous clothing manufacturing and maintenance equipment.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.