is looking for a Director of Multifamily Acquisitions to join our team.
As the Director of Multifamily Acquisitions, you are responsible for the identification of, and securing approval for a developer of market rate, attainable, and build to rent communities. You will lead a multi-disciplined project team through our project lifecycle from site identification, due diligence, entitlement, permitting and construction. You will report to the Vice President of Acquisitions Leader.
- Evaluate regional and local market fundamentals to identify target submarkets
- Create clear market strategies for each target marker; develop an understanding of each market and become a local expert
- Evaluate sites based on Continental's site selection criteria and complete financial analysis to determine viability and profitability of potential sites
- Develop and maintain relationships with landowners including negotiating all business points for the site acquisition
- Complete risk/reward analysis; identification of critical path
- Understand the pro-forma including total project costs, revenue projections, cash flows and how each variable effects return
- Present projects to Investment Committee and external partners such as lenders, investors and municipal staff/politicians
- Meet the annual pipeline and groundbreaking goals
Skills for Success:
- Bachelors Degree in Real Estate, Finance, or Business required
- Maintain a presence in each market with a deep network of local relationships
- Experience completing a deal from start to finish; existing skills in all transactional areas of development
- Proven track record of success in real estate industry, demonstrated knowledge of what it takes to make a project site successful
- Builds relationships to support team collaboration, understands how to navigate through and anticipate challenges, easily adapts to find thoughtful solutions
What Sets Us Apart:
Continental Properties is a great place to work, as evidenced by our consecutive Top Workplace awards. Here are some of the reasons that our team members vote for us as a Top Workplace:
- A company culture that encourages innovation and empowers team members to act as leaders by providing the opportunities, training, and tools essential to achieving a successful and meaningful career
- Industry-leading compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, and Vision Plan options, flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursement, 6-weeks of paid parental leave, 401(k) with company match and company provided life and disability insurance
- An excellent work environment with potential for long-term growth in the industry, paid professional memberships and professional activities (conferences and workshops) and a tuition and certification reimbursement program
- Paid holidays and lucrative vacation time; half days on Fridays during designated months
- Participation in our Building Above and Beyond (BAAB) incentive program that rewards team members based on the success of the company as measured against clearly defined goals
- For team members who are interested, informal offsite gatherings and company sponsored lunches on a monthly basis
- Frequent communication from executive management, including interactive quarterly lunch discussions on strategic progress and an annual "State of the Company" meeting
- 6-weeks paid parental leave with family-forming & fertility benefits (up to 12-weeks for birth mothers)
- On-demand mental health support and an employee assistance program
- You Belong Here Committee focused on promoting an inclusive and equitable work environment
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities.
For the benefit of our residents, the communities we serve, and our co-workers, all applicants are required to pass a post-offer criminal background check prior to joining the Continental team