Staff Transportation Engineer (Roadway)
Location: Canton, MI
Fishbeck is actively seeking a talented Transportation Engineer to work in our Canton, MI office. This position requires self-motivation, commitment to high-quality work performance, excellent planning, organization, and communication skills, and the ability to work with other staff in a project team environment.
- Designing roads, bridges, and other civil/transportation-related projects.
- Prepare design drawings using AutoCAD/Civil 3D and/or Microstation with OpenRoads Designer.
- Understand roadway design, grading, drainage, and erosion control.
- Demonstrate practical civil engineering knowledge.
- Work closely with technical staff to provide design for local streets and freeways, sites, utilities, and other consulting engineering services, primarily for state agencies and local municipalities.
- Interact daily with project teams in a multi-disciplinary and multi-office environment.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Occasionally exposed to light lifting, sitting, and walking. May perform duties in the field and will be required to access and maneuver around project sites and use a computer. Capable of traveling to and from projects is occasionally required. Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation purposes. Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- EIT desired.
- 0-4+ years' experience.
- Internship experience in a related position is a plus.
- Must be able to assist in field surveys, and construction inspection duties, and possess a willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/Civil 3D software and/or Microstation.
- Experience with MDOT projects.
- Excellent computer and communication skills.
What we offer
Our staff members enjoy a comprehensive compensation package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Wellness reimbursement and activities.
- Reimbursement and support for tuition, continuing education, and professional/personal development.
- Vacation and sick time, volunteer PTO, parental leave, and paid holidays.
- Opportunities for hybrid and flexible schedules.
- 401(k), profit-sharing, and stock options (we're 100% employee-owned).
- And more!
Fishbeck is one of the premier professional consulting firms in the nation, with 15 regional offices and more than 570 employees. Engineering, environmental sciences, architecture, and construction management are the cornerstones of Fishbeck's services and integrated project approach. We are a hands-on and design-orientated practice with the technical capabilities and understanding to take the largest projects from internal concept to completion. Our team of experts takes pride in our commitment to reliability in design, connection to our clients, and creativity at our core.
Fishbeck is an equal-opportunity employer that is committed to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.